1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel BIOS question

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by imperialreign, Aug 4, 2007.

1. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    I was wondering if anyone with an eMachines D101GGC mobo has attempted to flash the Intel D101GGC BIOS to it? Trying to research it a little before I attempt a possible screw-up . . . seeing as how the eMachines is made by Intel for eMachines, and as best I can tell there are no differences between them at all. If anyone has some info . . .

Just trying to get some of the user configurability of the Intel BIOS, as compared to NO CONFIGURABILITY on the eMachines BIOS :mad:

2. Random Murderer

Random Murderer The Anti-Midas

Thanks Received:
    as long as the pcb's are the same, it should work.:toast:

3. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    that's along the lines of what I was thinkin - both boards have the same chipsets, same ATI north and southbridge, both use the same chip for onboard audio and onboard LAN, same setup for RAM; all jumpers and chip locations are identical . . .

Seeing as how I'll prob have to force flash the BIOS, though, I was looking for second opinions first - better safe than sorry, y'know? I think tomorrow, I'll stop by a coupla PC shops in the area, see if anyone has an extra (or new) PLCC 32p BIOS chip laying around I can get my hands on, and flash me a backup first (incase Award can't run a recovery, should something go awry).

4. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ALways good to have an extra BIOS chip.
    OR
    Just try to pick up the BIOS chip from the Intel board that has the BIOS version you want and swap them.

:toast: