• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Core i7-3610QM Tested

Processor Core i5 3470 (3.20 GHZ)
Cooling Intel OC27vv
Memory 16 GB DDR3 667mhz
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon HD 5670
Storage Seagate - 500GB | 7200RPM | 32MB Cache | Sata-3G
Display(s) BenQ RL2455
Case Dell Tower
Audio Device(s) On-board
Power Supply Corsair 600w
I'm not surprised one bit. Even though it's a laptop CPU, it is based on Ivy Bridge. After seeing the score from their Cinebench, I got curious, and decided to test out my machine. My results, a whopping 1.34!

System Name The Black Mamba
Processor AMD FX-8150 @ 4.8 GHz + 2.5 GHz CPUNB
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair V Formula
Cooling Custom water, HeatKiller 3.0 LT, Swiftech MCR320, 3 GentleTyphoon 1850 RPM, OCZ HydroPulse 800
Memory Super Talent 2000 CAS 7 @ 2100 7-7-7-21 1.70v / GSKill Pi 2133 CAS 7 @ 2250 7-10-7-27
Video Card(s) 2x Sapphire Vapor-X HD5770's @ stock
Storage 2x 640GB Caviar Black in RAID 0
Display(s) 22" ASUS something + 20" Sceptre something
Case Lian-Li "Lancool" PC-K62
Power Supply XFX Black Edition 850w 80 Plus Silver
Software Windows 7 Pro
Benchmark Scores Too many to list ;D
it's the most funny thing :roll:
It really is. It also beats a 2500K.
i have lost all faith in AMD's cpu segment :banghead:

if they will focus on their smaller cpu's/apu's or wutdafuq its called and their graphics it will be good

oh yeah, the new i7 looks mighty good :O
No reason to lose (more than 99.9%) faith in AMD's CPU segment, Trinity will be the last hope with Piledriver :slap: :D
OMG an Intel mobile chip beats AMD's monster desktop..?
Yeah, it's crazy. It also beats the 2500K, what those AMD parts compete with.
AMD's fastest desktop CPU beaten by Intel's fastest laptop CPU... that's sad any way you slice it.
It also beats the 2500K. I guess you didn't know that.
Damn! Those are like desktop 2600K scores! Ivy is packing a serious punch in it's mobile department. :eek:
Yeah!
the 3.3ghz turbo might have had something to do with it. i wonder what kind of clock speeds will the desktop variations run
Yeah, that's exactly what it is. Ivy Bridge is ~10% faster in single thread than Sandy Bridge, 3.3 GHz will compete nicely with the upper desktop SB parts.
& this isnt even the 'extreme'(i7-3???XM) edition..
You mean the $1000 parts sold in $3000 laptops that carry the Extreme Edition label and have 3.4% more performance for 340% the price?
The old mobile 6 core I7s beat the desktop phenom IIs, i am willing to bet this has been happening for many generations thus nothing has changed.
You are talking about a product that never existed.
You're absolutely right.
You are an Intel fanboy, and you don't even have any idea of how an intel CPU performs :toast:
Guess I was the only one who was more interested in scores for the NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M than the CPU score. I mean, I like AMD but the entire Intel beating an AMD CPU at this point is like the local school jocks giving a swirlie to one of the nerds; sad it happens but not really a surprise anymore.
You're right too. The problem is, everybody is so mis/non-informed that they make stupid comments kind of like the ones made by trickson.
You got a laugh out of me there.
It doesn't make it any less pathetic, regardless of if it's SOP or not.
It isn't really pathetic, I mean, feel free to call Sandy Bridge desktop pathetic too.
In the Cinebench it beats the desktop Intel i7 970. What's that say about Intel's desktop parts?

So when is the leak going to happen with Wprime instead of the dated Super Pi that uses expired and non supported code path? (SSE vs x87 respectively)

I love how all the Intel leaks always use absolutely worthless benchmarks to tell us any potential (or lack of) that the CPU has. :shadedshu
At least you have SOME idea of what's going on.
LOL could you be more transparent, only an AMD fanboy would claim tests to be pointless that make AMD look bad, yet if it looked good for AMD they would be very important.

The chip performs well, very well apparently, deal!
AMD and how pathetic they are have been mentioned SO MANY TIMES in this thread. Had the article said FX-8150 AND 2500K, there would not have been a single comment.
Its a good thing Intel doesn't compete with Intel.

Also, SuperPi doesn't need to be optimized because its not a tool to compare different architectures.
It really is a good thing, because Intel would be kicking Intel's ass apparently.
Since when did Intel produce a mobile 6 core part?
Hey, that's what I said.
No need to, A quad is still better than any thing AMD has. :eek:
J/K :D but seriously yeah :laugh:
"J/K but seriously"...Phenom II X6 was extremely competitive with Quad-Core Bloomfield i7 9xx and Lynnfield i7 8xx.
In no way was i denying that, i was just trying to point out this is not a new thing since bulldozer, really it is just AMD getting it's ass kicked in the CPU market as usual for recent years.

I may possibly be wrong :laugh: but if so i blame Eurocom for selling 6 core i7's in laptops.
It wasn't a new thing since Bulldozer, but AMD was close enough to compete (really well) before Sandy Bridge came out. BD just made it worse for them.

Yeah, those were 6 core desktop parts in laptops.
Explain an AMD fanboy that spends $500 on an Intel part? I'd love to hear it.

The problem is that nothing runs x87 code anymore, so why use it in a leak?

Plus support for it was dropped in BD which is why Stars is faster in Super Pi. The majority of code is SSE in some version which is why I suggested wPrime but there is also y-cruncher.
+1

I agree .

Funny how AMD fanboys hand pick a benchmark and say the rest mean nothing! Oh that one is too old or that one doesn't count! GIVE ME A BREAK!
SSE is not "handpicked". By the way, I don't know ANYONE that complains about the things like that. You really need to understand what you are talking about before you talk about it.

You wanna know handpicked? The guy like you complaining when someone wants to take SuperPi (which is in NO WAY an indicator of any type of performance outside SuperPi, which is used as an overclockers benchmark to compare with similar hardware) out of the equation.
I'm not surprised one bit. Even though it's a laptop CPU, it is based on Ivy Bridge. After seeing the score from their Cinebench, I got curious, and decided to test out my machine. My results, a whopping 1.34!
What CPU do you run? :laugh:

Last edited:

trickson

OH, I have such a headache
System Name Ryzen TUF.
Processor AMD Ryzen7 3700X
Motherboard Asus TUF X570 Gaming Plus
Cooling Noctua
Memory Gskill RipJaws 3466MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF 1650 Super Clocked.
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Audio Device(s) Denon AVR-S750H
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
Software Windows 10 64 bit Home OEM
Phenom II X6 was extremely competitive with Quad-Core Bloomfield i7 9xx and Lynnfield i7 8xx.

Yeah that is great a 6 core CPU keeping up with and at times beating a Quad core. Man that is a big achievement there, Way to go AMD! :rockout:

SSE is not "handpicked". By the way, I don't know ANYONE that complains about the things like that. You really need to understand what you are talking about before you talk about it.

You wanna know handpicked? The guy like you complaining when someone wants to take SuperPi (which is in NO WAY an indicator of any type of performance outside SuperPi, which is used as an overclockers benchmark to compare with similar hardware) out of the equation.
Yeah if this BM was on the BD and it beat Intel or Ivy bridge you AMD fanboys would be holding up in our face as the FUCKING holy grail!

You are an Intel fanboy, and you don't even have any idea of how an intel CPU performs
I love how you make it sound as if you are the only one that knows any thing! I think they call that a KNOW IT ALL! What do you know about me? I would ask you keep your person digs to your self!
I am a Fanboy of performance. Top dog's get praise bottom feeders get the scraps! You do not like that? Go cry to mommy!

AMD and how pathetic they are have been mentioned SO MANY TIMES in this thread. Had the article said FX-8150 AND 2500K, there would not have been a single comment.
If the Bulldozer wasn't so Pathetic to start with then there would be no need to talk about them. We would be using them as the standard to compare every thing else against.
Yes looks like Intel has to really compete against it's self as Intel has set the standard for top performance Power consumption and TDP! Bulldozer has a what 125W TDP and Ivy bridge has a TDP of 77W OMFG! Again Intel sets the BAR! Yet you are saying????

You're right too. The problem is, everybody is so mis/non-informed that they make stupid comments kind of like the ones made by trickson.

Again, You make personal digs at me, I make stupid comments. How mature are you?
I am misinformed? I wonder how that could be true.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4955/the-bulldozer-review-amd-fx8150-tested/8

Now here is the rub, The Bulldozer is an 8 core 8 thread CPU the sandy bridge is a 4 core 4 thread and the phenom II is a 6 core 6 thread CPU. When I use commonsense here and reasoning, I can see that in many ways the Bulldozer and Phenom II are on par with the Sandy bridge and well this tells me that not only does it take less cores with less threads and less TDP to do the same thing an 6-8 core AMD CPU can do but that the one with less cores is also the better performer! Miss informed? Just how is having more cores more speed and more TDP better than one with less cores less speed and less TDP With better overall performance? When every thing shows that it is NOT. No you are the one mislead! BTW. Notice I did not even say any thing about the Ivy bridge in this part of my quote.

Last edited:
Processor Core i5 3470 (3.20 GHZ)
Cooling Intel OC27vv
Memory 16 GB DDR3 667mhz
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon HD 5670
Storage Seagate - 500GB | 7200RPM | 32MB Cache | Sata-3G
Display(s) BenQ RL2455
Case Dell Tower
Audio Device(s) On-board
Power Supply Corsair 600w
Last edited:
Cooling Custom water, HeatKiller 3.0 LT, Swiftech MCR320, 3 GentleTyphoon 1850 RPM, OCZ HydroPulse 800
Memory Super Talent 2000 CAS 7 @ 2100 7-7-7-21 1.70v / GSKill Pi 2133 CAS 7 @ 2250 7-10-7-27
Software Windows 7 Pro
Yeah that is great a 6 core CPU keeping up with and at times beating a Quad core. Man that is a big achievement there, Way to go AMD! :rockout:

Yeah if this BM was on the BD and it beat Intel or Ivy bridge you AMD fanboys would be holding up in our face as the FUCKING holy grail!

I love how you make it sound as if you are the only one that knows any thing! I think they call that a KNOW IT ALL! What do you know about me? I would ask you keep your person digs to your self!
I am a Fanboy of performance. Top dog's get praise bottom feeders get the scraps! You do not like that? Go cry to mommy!

If the Bulldozer wasn't so Pathetic to start with then there would be no need to talk about them. We would be using them as the standard to compare every thing else against.
Yes looks like Intel has to really compete against it's self as Intel has set the standard for top performance Power consumption and TDP! Bulldozer has a what 125W TDP and Ivy bridge has a TDP of 77W OMFG! Again Intel sets the BAR! Yet you are saying????

http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph4955/41715.png

Again, You make personal digs at me, I make stupid comments. How mature are you?

Now here is the rub, The Bulldozer is an 8 core 8 thread CPU the sandy bridge is a 4 core 4 thread and the phenom II is a 6 core 6 thread CPU. When I use commonsense here and reasoning, I can see that in many ways the Bulldozer and Phenom II are on par with the Sandy bridge and well this tells me that not only does it take less cores with less threads and less TDP to do the same thing an 6-8 core AMD CPU can do but that the one with less cores is also the better performer! Miss informed? Just how is having more cores more speed and more TDP better than one with less cores less speed and less TDP With better overall performance? When every thing shows that it is NOT. No you are the one mislead! BTW. Notice I did not even say any thing about the Ivy bridge in this part of my quote.

AMD Phenom II on 45nm was able to beat out Core 2 Quad, so at one point AMD's first 45nm product = Intel's first 45nm product. Both shrinks would have been considered "tocks".

AMD has a lot less of a foundry to work with. Intel has made great strides with transistor shape, optimizing their HKMG 32nm bulk process. GlobalFoundries, and even when AMD owned the fab in Dresden, has always struggled to keep up.

Bulldozer materialized as a horrible product. It is a horrible product that looks okay on paper. It is a combination though, of the product and the fab. I'm not going to blame either one here. When you realize that AMD is 25x smaller than intel, they run a pretty efficient operation.

By the way, how the fuck am I an AMD fanboy? I talk about how bad Bulldozer is on a daily basis.

You're pretty fucking retarded.

As far as this:
"Yeah if this BM was on the BD and it beat Intel or Ivy bridge you AMD fanboys would be holding up in our face as the FUCKING holy grail!"
Well, I'm not a fanboy, like you are a fanboy, so I don't do those kind of things. I am an overclocker, and use both intel and AMD parts. My next CPU will be 3 2600K to bin for DICE/LN2 runs for points on HWBOT. I'm not a partial, biased waste of space like you unfortunately.

Really? You're gonna go tell me to cry to mommy? Hahahahaha :roll::roll::roll:
I'm sure you wish you were one of those "Top dog's" in life. I doubt many of us will ever be ;)

http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph4955/41715.png
You're absolutely right about Bulldozer being pathetic.

However I've already said it, I dunno, 10 times in this thread...quad core intel mobile part beats high end intel desktop part too. Just because the article said "AMD FX-8150" and not "AMD FX-8150, 2500K and 6% behind 2600K" you went on your little intel fanboy happy stint, making stupid, worthless, biased comments as far as the Cinebench score being our subject, and it is our subject.

LOLDUHOMFG IVY HAS A TDP OF 77W? WOAH NO WEY ITS ON 22NM WITH INTELSENHANCEDFINFET3DGATEDESIGN ANDTHEYSPENT20xTHER&DMONEY!

Did I ever make Bulldozer out to be even a good product in this thread here? I simply mentioned that it beat out a similarly priced Intel desktop product and you're all asshurt on the other side of your computer about imaginary "AMD fanboys" and how much they suck. I am not acting like a fanboy. :toast:

How mature am I? You resorted to telling me to "cry to my mommy" because I'm the big bad "fanboy" here despite being neutral.

You do make stupid comments. Lets look at what you've said in words so far this thread:
Intel just keeps pounding them Nails into the coffin of AMD!

*some stupid fanboy images*

Take that :slap: AMD!
I agree .

Funny how AMD fanboys hand pick a benchmark and say the rest mean nothing! Oh that one is too old or that one doesn't count! GIVE ME A BREAK!
1. Intel will not let AMD die. Actually, government won't even let that happen. What will be created is a monopoly. Do you know what a monopoly is? There have already been several investigations about it already being that way, because AMD is too incompetent to keep up.

In case you need a definition:
in·com·pe·tent/inˈkämpətənt/
Adjective:
Not having the necessary skills to do something successfully.

2. That really shows the extent of your knowledge.

3.That largely depends on what you're doing. If you're running an 33 year old instruction set designed for Intel 8087 or SSE, the only thing Pentium 4 could do right, but hardly existed at the time.

Are you running cinebench or superpi when "any intel quad beats anything AMD has"? Or encoding videos? Making archives?...nobody gives a shit how many cores you need to match the performance in a multithreaded program that allows for 32+ threads. In fact, you can be a lot more efficient when you make a thousand slow cores work in harmony. (Think "GPU")

4. Throwing SuperPi out of the equation is not "handpicking one benchmark". That does not make someone an AMD fanboy, oh loyal Intel fanboy overlord. :respect: :nutkick:

I'm sorry, I said you make stupid worthless comments. In fact, you neglected to note that Ivy Bridge mobile beats out Intel's $220 desktop part and almost matches their $320 part yet spend every moment you can making sure everyone knows it beats out AMD's $240 desktop part. Nice one, fanboy :toast:

Now, if you'd like to know my thoughts on Bulldozer, here are a collection of posts from XtremeSystems.org about what I think of AMD's current lineup.

Some of these are funny, so feel free to get a laugh out of them.
@ XS
Someone needs to run benches with 2 threads at 3.2 to see if we really are behind K8 and into K7 territory :D
I'd been saying this since release. To get the same performance with BD that you do with Phenom II you have to use more power and its a node smaller. Essentially, I was told to shut up and the blame was put on GloFo. System power consumption minus ~70w for other components, you're at about 170-175w for CPU power consumption with the Bulldozer CPU and 90-95w for i7 2600K.

In essence, the BD CPU consumes 90% more power than a 2600K and does not win any tests except for:
Pov Ray 3.7b by 2.9%
7-Zip 32M by 6.5% (Loses to 2120 in real-world compression time)
WinRAR Benchmark by 22% but the 2600K's HyperThreading is not working because of Core Parking bug that was also seen on BD when MS released patch the first time (Only matches in real-world compression time)
TrueCrypt by a healthy 25%.

The rest of the benchmarks are losses between 5 and 50% against 2500/2600K while being 90% less efficient
But who knows, maybe Bulldozer is only "good" at 16 cores and less than 3GHz, where it is at the server market competing with 2GHz 8 core intel CPUs that do more work with less power than it anyway.
*in response to an idiot saying you can do 5.2 GHz with BD and only 3.8 with Phenom II*

No, not really.

First of all, FX is barely doing 4.6-4.8 GHz stable when Phenom II can easily do 4-4.3 depending on if you have a good or bad chip. FX doesn't do 5GHz stable, we can only hope stepping and process improvements make that possible. Therefore, by your post, low single core performance is a reality. By the way, AMD was already behind intel considerably in single thread performance, Phenom II being "low single core performance" already.

Then you talk about the scaling, yep...BD scales ~6.66x vs Phenom II's 5.9x. However BD has 8 "cores" and Phenom II has 6. BD scales 83% efficient while Phenom II manages 98%. That's worse scaling.

I'm not sure what some people are smoking, but phase change is necessary for 5.2 GHz on Bulldozer
Because Tom's Hardware told you so?
They put FX-8150 and Phenom II X4 975/980 in the same category, and Phenom II X6 1090T/1100T in a lower category. That is a fucking joke...
FX-8150 is an equivalent gaming CPU to a 1100T as long as you can overclock it to 4.6-4.8. Actually, it might still be a little behind in a lot of games.
Your posts make me laugh. You have a few good points but totally offset by the total AMD fanboism...
Did I not state that the FX-8 core CPUs were about equal to Phenom II X6 and Phenom II X4?
Upgraded from a X4 @ 4200mhz and i noticed a differance, even when using the FX at stock clocks.
That is a placebo effect.
The box is pretty photogenic...
Because Core i7 (Sandy Bridge) is up to 85% faster than Bulldozer in a single thread. (Or, up to 4 threads...) Up to about ~55% over Phenom II. This gap was more like 35% before Sandy Bridge, when we compared Nehalem to Phenom II the FPS difference in games wasn't quite as large.

Last edited:
so is this a quad core or a quad core + HT? Just a quick question.

Warning: AMD Fanboyism ahead.

So.... it's I'm guessing a 35w part... compared to the 125-225w *cough cough* FX-8150p 4m/8c/8t 3.6/3.8ghz vs a 2.3/3.3ghz 4c/8t with much better IPC... not really a surprise given that it is technically two generations ahead of AMD as they won't have a 22 (or lower, given that gloflo and tsmc and samsung, etch are jumping past it to 14nm they may go 14 instead then.) until 2014.. the power efficiency isn't really all that surprising. Not to mention the tri-gate transistors and.. yeah.

Really, people wonder why AMD can't keep up...
Yet Intel puts more money into R&D than AMD makes in total income each year, before operating costs and the like.
And yet AMD manages to remain competitive in the mainstream market.

So tell me which is sadder, AMD or Intel here.
Also, keep in mind if AMD delivers on Piledriver, if Ivy is clocked the same as current Intel CPUs, 4ghz Trinity will only be ~7% slower than a 3.6ghz IB part CPU wise, and have that nice, many times faster IGP with GPGPU functions and the like. So if we see a 2.8/3.2ghz A10, that will keep up with the i5's at least (If AMD delivers on it's claims that the IPC will be better than Llano STARS, which to date is the best IPC for any AMD CPU). Which AMD knows it can't compete on the high end right now. They're tossing their lot in and doing what the know how to do well, and are putting their remaining dollars into heterogeneous computing architectures. Which if they can dump the floating point over to the IGP, and manage to get fast enough cache, then perhaps AMD will be able to strike back at Intel and have another Athalon. I sure hope so.

Anyone who isn't a multi-millionaire also probably hopes so as otherwise CPU prices would skyrocket with a monopoly.

Last edited:
Software Windows 7 Pro

I agree .

so is this a quad core or a quad core + HT? Just a quick question.

Warning: AMD Fanboyism ahead.

So.... it's I'm guessing a 35w part... compared to the 125-225w *cough cough* FX-8150p 4m/8c/8t 3.6/3.8ghz vs a 2.3/3.3ghz 4c/8t with much better IPC... not really a surprise given that it is technically two generations ahead of AMD as they won't have a 22 (or lower, given that gloflo and tsmc and samsung, etch are jumping past it to 14nm they may go 14 instead then.) until 2014.. the power efficiency isn't really all that surprising. Not to mention the tri-gate transistors and.. yeah.

Really, people wonder why AMD can't keep up...
Yet Intel puts more money into R&D than AMD makes in total income each year, before operating costs and the like.
And yet AMD manages to remain competitive in the mainstream market.

So tell me which is sadder, AMD or Intel here.
Also, keep in mind if AMD delivers on Piledriver, if Ivy is clocked the same as current Intel CPUs, 4ghz Trinity will only be ~7% slower than a 3.6ghz IB part CPU wise, and have that nice, many times faster IGP with GPGPU functions and the like. So if we see a 2.8/3.2ghz A10, that will keep up with the i5's at least (If AMD delivers on it's claims that the IPC will be better than Llano STARS, which to date is the best IPC for any AMD CPU). Which AMD knows it can't compete on the high end right now. They're tossing their lot in and doing what the know how to do well, and are putting their remaining dollars into heterogeneous computing architectures. Which if they can dump the floating point over to the IGP, and manage to get fast enough cache, then perhaps AMD will be able to strike back at Intel and have another Athalon. I sure hope so.

Anyone who isn't a multi-millionaire also probably hopes so as otherwise CPU prices would skyrocket with a monopoly.
I see you read my last post in full. :)

I doubt trickson will :wtf:

System Name The Stone that the Builders Refused / iJayo
Processor R5 1600/ R7 3700X
Motherboard Asrock AB350 Pro4 / Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Cooling Cryorig M9 / Noctua NH-D14
Memory G skill 16 Gigs ddr4 / 16 gigs PNY ddr4
Video Card(s) Nvdia GTX 660 / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
Display(s) 42" Nec retail display monitor/ 34" Dell curved 165hz monitor
Case Pink Enermax Ostrog / Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass edition
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing Expressionist Bass/ M-Audio monitors
Power Supply Corsair450 / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650
Mouse corsair vengence M65 / Zalman Knossos
Keyboard corsair k95 / Roccat Vulcan 121
Software Window 10 pro / Windows 10 pro
Benchmark Scores meh... feel me on the battle field!
That video was hilarious :roll:
Intel costs more because they deliver TODAY AND FUTURE VIABLE performance...not THEORETICAL POTENTIAL performance that will be viable....someday. It is what it is...What ever is in your need /budget & go with it and forget about the rest. Buick makes some nice cars...but they dont try to compete with Bmw or lexus.... proper context brings clarity. Drooling to see what Ivy deskstop can do. Exciting times ...love to see innovation and tech advancement.:)

That video was hilarious :roll:
Intel costs more because they deliver TODAY AND FUTURE VIABLE performance...not THEORETICAL POTENTIAL performance that will be viable....someday. It is what it is...What ever is in your need /budget & go with it and forget about the rest. Buick makes some nice cars...but they dont try to compete with Bmw or lexus.... proper context brings clarity. Drooling to see what Ivy deskstop can do. Exciting times ...love to see innovation and tech advancement.:)

That will be viable someday?... so games are currently mostly around quad-threaded. Your desktop uses however many cores you have for multitasking. So.... yeah. Which is why average users won't see a difference between an i7-2600k and an FX-8150p. Because they're not gaming. And outside of that, quite honestly there's not much difference between the two save for the i7 being more energy efficient and costing more.

So eh. We, gamers/overclockers/enthusiasts make up only a small percentage of the market. And AMD is already moving towards Heterogeneous computing. What do you think the 'fusion' line is meant for? lol. They've already debuted Trinity running 3 monitor eyefinity on it's IGP alone at 5040x1050p with dirt 3 at medium settings forgoing AA. And that's with test silicon. 720p maxed settings.

Given that, and a sandy-bridge i3/5 level CPU, in a computer which in whole costs less than $800, isn't really all that bad when you think about it. Not to mention GPGPU and graphics acceleration for nearly everything now. And AMD's visual enhancements, etc.

AMD is looking to make something competitive. Sure the Intel 4000 graphics is better than the intel 3000... but that's not saying much. An average consumer is going to be surfing the web, watching videos, and playing a game or two and only caring whether they can play it or not. Llano is testimony for this, as with all the computers I've sold, I've never gotten a single complaint for any Llano laptop I've sold, save for one Gateway laptop which had a HDD that failed.

So AMD is quite viable in the mainstream computer market.

Moving on to the topic, I can't wait to see how Piledriver stacks up against IB. Hoping AMD delivers on it's promises.

Also tech advancement... other than the tri-gate transistors and 22nm die-shrink, there isn't much in IB vs SB, it only has a 10-20% IPC increase.

System Name The Stone that the Builders Refused / iJayo
Processor R5 1600/ R7 3700X
Motherboard Asrock AB350 Pro4 / Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Cooling Cryorig M9 / Noctua NH-D14
Memory G skill 16 Gigs ddr4 / 16 gigs PNY ddr4
Video Card(s) Nvdia GTX 660 / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
Display(s) 42" Nec retail display monitor/ 34" Dell curved 165hz monitor
Case Pink Enermax Ostrog / Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass edition
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing Expressionist Bass/ M-Audio monitors
Power Supply Corsair450 / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650
Mouse corsair vengence M65 / Zalman Knossos
Keyboard corsair k95 / Roccat Vulcan 121
Software Window 10 pro / Windows 10 pro
Benchmark Scores meh... feel me on the battle field!
That will be viable someday?... so games are currently mostly around quad-threaded. Your desktop uses however many cores you have for multitasking. So.... yeah. Which is why average users won't see a difference between an i7-2600k and an FX-8150p. Because they're not gaming. And outside of that, quite honestly there's not much difference between the two save for the i7 being more energy efficient and costing more.

So eh. We, gamers/overclockers/enthusiasts make up only a small percentage of the market. And AMD is already moving towards Heterogeneous computing. What do you think the 'fusion' line is meant for? lol. They've already debuted Trinity running 3 monitor eyefinity on it's IGP alone at 5040x1050p with dirt 3 at medium settings forgoing AA. And that's with test silicon. 720p maxed settings.

Given that, and a sandy-bridge i3/5 level CPU, in a computer which in whole costs less than $800, isn't really all that bad when you think about it. Not to mention GPGPU and graphics acceleration for nearly everything now. And AMD's visual enhancements, etc.

AMD is looking to make something competitive. Sure the Intel 4000 graphics is better than the intel 3000 lol... but that's not saying much. An average consumer is going to be surfing the web, watching videos, and playing a game or two and only caring whether they can play it or not. Llano is testimony for this, as with all the computers I've sold, I've never gotten a single complaint for any Llano laptop I've sold, save for one Gateway laptop which had a HDD that failed.

So AMD is quite viable in the mainstream computer market.

Moving on to the topic, I can't wait to see how Piledriver stacks up against IB. Hoping AMD delivers on it's promises.

Also tech advancement... other than the tri-gate transistors and 22nm die-shrink, there isn't much in IB vs SB, it only has a 10-20% IPC increase.
:toast:

Wow......u second everything I just said.......hope pd hype dont place it in bd shoes

:toast:

Wow......u second everything I just said

I may be an AMD fanboy, but I'm a realistic an honest AMD fanboy. Who will never buy anything but an AMD chip so long as they remain an ethical company, and they are an underdog in the market.

If either of those change I might consider other companies.
But.... the question really is how will the i3 and i5 IB stack up? Seeing as they are what 85% of consumers will be buying Intel-wise.

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
This is actually bad news. Now Intel will keep even higher the prices for mobile segment...Damn AMD!

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
AMD Phenom II on 45nm was able to beat out Core 2 Quad, so at one point AMD's first 45nm product = Intel's first 45nm product. Both shrinks would have been considered "tocks".

AMD has a lot less of a foundry to work with. Intel has made great strides with transistor shape, optimizing their HKMG 32nm bulk process. GlobalFoundries, and even when AMD owned the fab in Dresden, has always struggled to keep up.

Bulldozer materialized as a horrible product. It is a horrible product that looks okay on paper. It is a combination though, of the product and the fab. I'm not going to blame either one here. When you realize that AMD is 25x smaller than intel, they run a pretty efficient operation.

By the way, how the fuck am I an AMD fanboy? I talk about how bad Bulldozer is on a daily basis.

You're pretty fucking retarded.

As far as this:

Well, I'm not a fanboy, like you are a fanboy, so I don't do those kind of things. I am an overclocker, and use both intel and AMD parts. My next CPU will be 3 2600K to bin for DICE/LN2 runs for points on HWBOT. I'm not a partial, biased waste of space like you unfortunately.

Really? You're gonna go tell me to cry to mommy? Hahahahaha :roll::roll::roll:
I'm sure you wish you were one of those "Top dog's" in life. I doubt many of us will ever be ;)

You're absolutely right about Bulldozer being pathetic.

However I've already said it, I dunno, 10 times in this thread...quad core intel mobile part beats high end intel desktop part too. Just because the article said "AMD FX-8150" and not "AMD FX-8150, 2500K and 6% behind 2600K" you went on your little intel fanboy happy stint, making stupid, worthless, biased comments as far as the Cinebench score being our subject, and it is our subject.

LOLDUHOMFG IVY HAS A TDP OF 77W? WOAH NO WEY ITS ON 22NM WITH INTELSENHANCEDFINFET3DGATEDESIGN ANDTHEYSPENT20xTHER&DMONEY!

Did I ever make Bulldozer out to be even a good product in this thread here? I simply mentioned that it beat out a similarly priced Intel desktop product and you're all asshurt on the other side of your computer about imaginary "AMD fanboys" and how much they suck. I am not acting like a fanboy. :toast:

How mature am I? You resorted to telling me to "cry to my mommy" because I'm the big bad "fanboy" here despite being neutral.

You do make stupid comments. Lets look at what you've said in words so far this thread:

1. Intel will not let AMD die. Actually, government won't even let that happen. What will be created is a monopoly. Do you know what a monopoly is? There have already been several investigations about it already being that way, because AMD is too incompetent to keep up.

In case you need a definition:
in·com·pe·tent/inˈkämpətənt/
Adjective:
Not having the necessary skills to do something successfully.

2. That really shows the extent of your knowledge.

3.That largely depends on what you're doing. If you're running an 33 year old instruction set designed for Intel 8087 or SSE, the only thing Pentium 4 could do right, but hardly existed at the time.

Are you running cinebench or superpi when "any intel quad beats anything AMD has"? Or encoding videos? Making archives?...nobody gives a shit how many cores you need to match the performance in a multithreaded program that allows for 32+ threads. In fact, you can be a lot more efficient when you make a thousand slow cores work in harmony. (Think "GPU")

4. Throwing SuperPi out of the equation is not "handpicking one benchmark". That does not make someone an AMD fanboy, oh loyal Intel fanboy overlord. :respect: :nutkick:

I'm sorry, I said you make stupid worthless comments. In fact, you neglected to note that Ivy Bridge mobile beats out Intel's $220 desktop part and almost matches their $320 part yet spend every moment you can making sure everyone knows it beats out AMD's $240 desktop part. Nice one, fanboy :toast:

Now, if you'd like to know my thoughts on Bulldozer, here are a collection of posts from XtremeSystems.org about what I think of AMD's current lineup.

Some of these are funny, so feel free to get a laugh out of them.
@ XS
Okay you win. :respect:

Last edited:
Okay you win. AMD FTW! :respect:

... You really are a worse fanboy or a troll based on that by my perspective. Honestly, all beepbeep was saying is IB beats both Sandy bridge and bulldozer significantly.
That's all. Given the mobile part beats most Intel desktop parts as well as all AMD desktop parts, however AMD does need to compete for the sake of us, the consumers.

Would you disagree?

trickson

System Name Ryzen TUF.
Cooling Noctua
Storage CB 1T M.2 Drive.
Display(s) 73" Soney 4K.
Case Antech LanAir Pro.
Mouse Optical
Keyboard K120 Logitech
... You really are a worse fanboy or a troll based on that by my perspective. Honestly, all beepbeep was saying is IB beats both Sandy bridge and bulldozer significantly.
That's all. Given the mobile part beats most Intel desktop parts as well as all AMD desktop parts, however AMD does need to compete for the sake of us, the consumers.

Would you disagree?

No I agree with him. And you. Thanks for calling me that though.

One thing I can see from the New Intel Mobile chip is that is is fast and really nice. I think now it would be worth looking at saving my pennies to get a laptop. One that can game too!

Intel costs more because they deliver TODAY AND FUTURE VIABLE performance...not THEORETICAL POTENTIAL performance that will be viable....someday. It is what it is...What ever is in your need /budget & go with it and forget about the rest. Buick makes some nice cars...but they dont try to compete with Bmw or lexus.... proper context brings clarity. Drooling to see what Ivy deskstop can do. Exciting times ...love to see innovation and tech advancement.

Well said. I am going to adopt this way of thinking from now on. Thank You.

Last edited: