1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel D845GRG main board over clocked.. with questions.

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by NitroSS, Sep 1, 2006.

1. NitroSS New Member

Thanks Received:
    Intel D845GRG main board over clocked.. with questions.

Okay I have done much reading to find that these Intel D845GRG mainboards with gateway bios can not be over clocked. But I think my random luck I have don’t it. The one I have has a Celeron (Northwood) 2.6GHz processor on it and supposedly 400 MHz FSB. I tried to flash the bios to the Intel on to get rid of the gateway bios but it didn’t work.

Anyways I found this tool called “Clockgen”. Runs in windows. And you can play around with over clocking your FSB & CPU etc through it. It seems to work to some extent. So far I have gone up to 3.08GHz with my CPU. But I am not sure how high I could go. So far the temps on the CPU are staying below 40*C. What is hot though and how much could I over clock?

Also as a test I ran Sisoftsandra and it was showing the faster speeds and on a CPU benchmark I ran it at normal & compared to others. Then over clocked and ran with the same comparison and it moved up the chart.
  2. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Cool - 40c is low (almost seems too low!), you need to test it under load, I use Prime95 torture test and monitor the temps and it will also usually fail gracefully if there is a calculation error. At the same time, I'll open ATITool and the 3DVeiw - that pegs the two virtual processors (I have a single core with HT).