1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel dx58 / Farcry 2 bundle Ripoff

Discussion in 'Games' started by niko084, Jun 3, 2009.

1. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    So I got 2 Dx58 boards for a customer for a set of gaming machines, send them out the door with them happy as can be.

They return the next day saying they can't play Farcry 2 online, I look over everything, try to register the keys, contact ubisoft, the keys on the sleeves are only 16 digits, ubisoft says some bundles are not playable online, intel says sorry for the inconvenience.

Now I have 2 pissed off customers who want their game that was advertised as "FULL", not single player only...

Anyone have this issue or found a step around, both these companies are getting reports to the BBB tonight.

2. Arrakis+9

Arrakis+9

Thanks Received:
    we actually sell that board in our store and i havent had anyone complain about it yet. but thanks for the heads up, i'd deffintly say report both of them for false advertising

3. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Every god dang time I post something I find the work around within minutes...

Anyways the key on the sleeve shows-
    xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

What it doesn't show is the fc2-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx..

It's missing the fc2 part, thank god for serial numbers readily available online I was checking the length and saw that they all had fc2-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx and boom added that and snap done, game is online..

Wow Ubisoft, good thinking.... I used to respect them.

Arrakis+9 says thanks.
  4. Arrakis+9

Arrakis+9

Thanks Received:
    noted, thx for the info

5. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    Did you tell them that this is the worst game on the planet. EVER. If i could give you my copy i would... through steam... if there is a way then its yours.

6. MadClown

MadClown New Member

Thanks Received:
    NY, the state were you cant defend yourself
    a game like FC2 aint worth the trouble

7. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    So I have noticed played it for about 10 minutes meh it sucks, single play might be "alright" graphics are mediocre at best, multiplayer is horrible, too slow, graphics kill it, meh ohh well customer will be happy.