1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel SkullTrail + SLI = YES

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Jan 18, 2008.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah...blame ATI if you can't, not the 975X board.

2. EddxPT New Member

Thanks Received:
    It would be awesome if nvidia and intel finally reached some kind of agreement on sli on intel mobos, not just for this high end mobo . but for that to happen we need a more powerfull ati. Hopefully ati will kick ass on the following graphics gens when it comes to single and multi graph card to the point that nvidia prefers to have its sli on intel boards too. We would just benefit right now from stronger cards from ati, even in the mobos.

3. xfire

xfire New Member

Thanks Received:
    @tkpenalty do you mean like both the cards at once? If so that would make benchmarking more easier.
    @JrRacingFan 3870 x2 is shown as one card. Now if you cf with the 3850 then half the load goes to 3870 x2 and the other half to 3850. Now the 3870 x2 gets its work divided within itself but the 3850 will have to do the whole half load by itself. So its better to just use the 3870 x2.

4. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    I know I was just theoretically speaking. Sorry if someone took my example so seriously. :(

I should've used a different card for an example.

Intel already supports SLi on my 975X based, but nVidia failed to release drivers for 8 series and above also even for 7/6 series you have to use hacked drivers, due to marketing reasons.

5. xfire

xfire New Member

Thanks Received:
    my bad for taking it seriously:eek: