1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Takes on US Government?

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by TIGR, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    the thing is congress draws it up and submits its, thats the point, if congress doesn't approve no budget appears. Congress can submit a budget the president doesn't approve and with the all democratic congress tahts been there now for 4 years it would pass a 2/3 vote pretty easily. See the Issue is the President is a puppet figure, he does some work, congress does a whole lot more work and has alot more blame for whats happening than the president does. ITs super easy to point blame at the president because everyone knows him, but in truth the Legestative branch has alot more power. Remember if they don't like the president they can impeach him.
  2. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    even though popular opion here is that I have no idea what im talking about, I do a great deal of research into the US Government and whats wrong with it and whats right with it. I study history and polotics and follow the government because quite simply I don't trust it, it interfers to much with everyone's life. No National government was meant to do this, and I do not trust the United States government to many holes in it and to many changes away from the Consition, and bill of rights.
  3. Katanai

Katanai

Thanks Received:
    :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Ahahahahhahahahahaha! It's 6:35 AM over here and I'm laughing like a madman all alone. :laugh: polotics? :roll:
    WhiteLotus says thanks.
  4. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Proof that just because you study something doesn't mean you know it. :laugh:

This thread is too serious, time for some comic relief, delivered by russianboy, the TPU comic delivery man.

Allow me to introduce you: Mr. Serious

ಠ_ಠ

He is serious, but he loves to break the tensions :p

/comic delivery man.

Ultimately the US government really needs to fix up it's bugs with a new version, maybe not a revamp of the source code, but at least some patches so it's less of a resource hog.
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  5. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    You can't rewrite the US Consition
  6. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Amendments? Ratifications?
  7. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    the Consition and the first 10 amendments can not be modified or removed for any reason. Read the documents, To do so is a violation of US Law and is unconstitional
  8. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I mean adding new amendments, you know. Like the one that abolished slavery, for example?

Jeeze. Mr. Serious senses some tension ಠ_ಠ
  9. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    Lol at this f00king thread. Candle idc if its bill, gold, coin, or plastic. $1 = $1. You go to any store and put down a hunk of gold and say i wanna buy these 3 Mt Dews and they will laugh in your face.
    Thing is, when currency started back in the boondock ages for every cent in the US it was backed by gold and silver. Now a days we dont have real "value" to back up how much is being traded in the states. Thats a major problem but apparently nobody is worried about it. In all reality we arent worth crap :/

I think you study to much PBS and Fox news honestly.
  10. pepsi71ocean New Member

Thanks Received:
    we must accept that the system is broken and it doesn't want to be fixed, and neither do the american people in a majority stand point want to do anything about it.

As for certified teachers, in my high school we didn't have a single certified teacher, let alone how its possiable people can graduate from high school and not know how to do math or even understand english. Well i have a friend who is white, and speaks perfect english, yet he never learned how to write or read english, so he consequently does not ever write things down properly, his hand writing is as he sounds it out. how can the system let a guy like that graduate?

if that is true, then how come we have to fight to keep our right to bear arms. No one is taking my guns away, and no million mom march will do it, neither will uncle sam. I love my guns, hell i go live in the woods in my back yard, or even move to canda first
  11. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think the English language is stupid honestly. To many rules and most of them contradict each other. But thats OTT.
  12. pepsi71ocean New Member

Thanks Received:
    we live in a redneck backwards area of new jersey, everyone speaks english but most can't write or read it proerly. Im talking about 18 year old high school graduates, it just kills me to think that most people don't know words larger than 4 letters, and forget about reading or spelling something like "Government". I know of at least 12 of the kids who graduated from my class who couldn't do math or read/wrtie english, or a combination of both.
  13. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:

How much does that ice-cream cost in gold? How much gold should little girls keep?

Fault is pretty open, candle, you still didn't get my argument. What's the point in spending $400B /year on the most expensive wild-goose chase in American history when you haven't quite given every American the assurance of security? People continue to get murdered, women continue to get raped, children continue to get abused in America? So it's in your constitution that instead of setting the society right, by better education, better employment/opportunity/better homeland security you should be spending 400B /yr on goose chases? Have you really won the hearts and minds of people in the Arab world by "liberating" them from a dictator ? The answer is no. That part of the world hates America more than it did ever before. You've really "secured your future generations". :rolleyes: The America of tomorrow will continue to fight its enemies.....instead of spending extensively on education like China does....learn from China, they're not very rich but they know how to spend their money. Each kid educated is an investment for the better of the country's future, and China knows that, America forgot about that. $50B /year on education vs 400B on goose chases :shadedshu
  14. pepsi71ocean New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have a few friend over there, and they all agree we need to be there. Not one has told me that it was a mistake and that we should leave, 99% of them[the Iraqi people] want us there to help stabalise their country, and 1% don't. Unfortunately its the 1% that make the news, and the head lines. Also 99% of your terrorist actions going on are commited by foreigners from Syria and Iran. Yes we are spending through the nose in a foreign land, but hell were still paying Japan War reporations for us using the Atomic bomb on them.

And what about that Anti-American Summit that was hel a few years ago, isn't it funny that like 90 or so of the countries that attended are on US Aid? Why not tell those countries to go screw them selves, if they want to go to the Anti-American summit then they don't deserve to be helped out by the U.S. If we want to balance the U.S. Budget, why not cut out funding to those countries, and stop paying the majority of the U.N.'s fiscal yearly budget. It just puzzles me about how screwed up this country is, we can balance this budget even with the war, we just need to learn how to fix the corruption in the government.
  15. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    what you suggest goes agaisnt the founding priciples of the US Government thats the problem. It is not the Federal Governments job to make sure you can read, its your state Government. I apperntly havn't told anyone yet, but America is not the rest of the world, we like our government to stay out of our lives. Also as for the gold they will laugh but take those coins to a gold exchange I recently did this myself, and guess what? I took in 10 dollars worth of gold coins and 5 bucks of pennies and walked out with nearly 40 bucks in my pocket. Make sense now? And China has the worst form of Government know to man, a communist state with no civil liberties or human rights. Yes lets follow China's lead. Im sorry BTA the rest of the world may not like the US, but I dare them to make the US conform to there standards. I can promise you one thing that won't happen, because our eniemies know one thing, piss us off and your gonna die. You ask us to stop fighting Terrorism and let the terrorists run amok, fine let them as long as they stay off my nations soil, I could care less who they blow up. But an attack on a US Embassy is an attack on US Soil. I know your from India and don't really understand how things work in America, but America is very diffrent from most other civilized nations. Though I do agree anyone that shows anti-american sentiment should loose our aid and friendship immeditly, starting with Africa, Asia, and Europe
  16. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
    you know why the majority of terrorism occurs over there, is because we are there simple isn't it, not true for all but most, there are only two things that will make that not happen/ or reduce the frequency and that would be to pull out or do what we did to japan dropped two nukes on them (im not suggesting that for Iraq in ANY way) but most historians agree that is what cause the Japanese suicide attacks to stop. but you see they enjoy killing us and they are not afraid of death so what do you do? do you pull out and make an example of your selves like Russia did, thus solidifying their power and allowing them to grow, or do you do something so demoralizing to them to make them surrender unconditionally, and what could that be, we can't nuke em'. they will never make us conform, its in our blood, we are a stubborn, COCKY trigger happy people and we like our independence, but at the same time we have no right to try and make the world conform to us nor the power to (if we went to war with Russia and China we would get rocked, or we would have assured destruction on all ends, either way its not good) tbh i have no idea what im ranting about because it really doesn't have any relevance right now well maybe a little

btw Communism its self isn't bad, but the people who run them tend to fuck it up

also if we liked the gov out of our lives why did the patriot act get passed? the only bigger piece of shit than both the musical cats and the no child left behind bill

also America may not be the rest of the world but it feels like were trying to be, to those outside of the us does it appear the same to you?

btw i really do love this country its just the government that i hate (atm, didn't mind bill to much)
  17. pepsi71ocean New Member

Thanks Received:
    They don't target americans soldiers only. They target civilians as well. To end this terrorism crap we need to target the source of the terroism, Iran and Syria. How to end terrorism in iraq is to let the Military fight the war and leave the policicians out of it. I would say end terroism and to fix this we need a draft and we need to attack and dispose of the Iran and Syria Governments. Thats the only way to do the job right. And by doing so, we would send a message to the rest of the middle east and those savages who cut peoples heads off, that we mean buisness. And i'll tell you that no one in the middle east wants to loose their guns, and their right to behead americans.
  18. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thats because this country is stupid enough to repair and refit the country they just tore ass on. Then they retaliate with the guns and planes we just gave them. Oh yea, real smart America :respect:
  19. btarunr

Thanks Received:
    American standards? The "rest of the world" hates you for fighting with weaker nations just so you could have all their oil, so your people use the oil for SUVs, private aircraft, NY to CA drive, yacht's in FL, AND YET COMPLAIN ABOUT DEVELOPING COUNTRIES POLLUTING THE MOST. Our oil drives transport that's vital to our survival, we don't blow oil up on gas-guzzlers, school bonfire, etc., The NVIDIA card you almost sleep next to is made in this part of the world, made by people struggling to survive.

If I was an American tax-payer now, I would be heart-broken...I'd rather take a stack of $20 bills and shower it on strippers for personal entertainment than to live with the reality that my money goes into killing innocent women and children in Iraq (civilian casualties /atrocities), when Iraq didn't really come to the US and kill innocent Americans.

I'd much rather see my money being used in pulling kids out of the slums in big cities (where they waste their childhood in workshops, doing/pushing drugs....) and putting them into schools. Use calc.exe , find out how many schools you could build with 400B
    WhiteLotus and russianboy say thanks.
  20. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    *JOKE*
    [​IMG]
    Most of the polution in Cali actualy comes from China.
  21. Katanai

Katanai

Thanks Received:
    Haha. Was anyone involved in that incident from Iraq? As far as I know no one was...
  22. btarunr

Thanks Received:
    *joke*, when did Iraqis learn to fly planes?.
  23. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    When they learned to hijack planes and could easily take advantage of an American pilot :D
  24. btarunr

Thanks Received:
    Then why did Mr. Navigator make the terrible mistake of directing American planes loaded with troops to Afghanistan instead of Iraq? :D oooppps....the intel guy was right, there's a dire need for good Maths & Science teachers .
  25. [I.R.A]_FBi

[I.R.A]_FBi New Member

Thanks Received:
    so they meddle in the lives of others?