1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Takes on US Government?

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by TIGR, Aug 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Lol bta! My parents were immigrants and came here to work hard and live the dream. I see no point in taking away these privlidges from anyone then or now. It seems to me the people who bitch in America about "immigrants" are those too lazy or stupid to learn how to make a decent living for themselves, be it through education or hard work.
    btarunr says thanks.
  2. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Bingo. Those who can, treat skilled immigrants well.
  3. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
    unless your native quite your bitching and live to deal with immigrants, Everyone's family came from another country at some point in time, mine came from Poland during the 40's (they didn't like the Nazi's to much)

the only thing you can do get an education and make your self more valuable then maybe we wont have rednecks bitching about "ohh no the hard working Mexican took my yob"
  4. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    arizona is up there as well, it's illegal to conceal a weapon here without a permit, but you're fine to carry a .38 in a holster without a permit. it just has to be visible.

in fact you can have a full auto weapon here without a permit as long as the gun has an option to go to burst or single shot.

the wild west still exists in the west, but california and the east coast are in trouble. lol
  5. Katanai

Katanai

Thanks Received:
    "Actully" none of them were, here: http://www.sptimes.com/2002/09/01/911/plotters.shtml

Next time try to at least research your facts before you open your mouth. Is that too much to ask?
  6. B1gg3stN00b

B1gg3stN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    What's all this nonsense?

Oh right, nonsense.
  7. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    :shadedshu

this titanic has sailed and the thread is now slowly sinking . . .

so many ridiculous comments have been added, that I wouldn't even know where exactly to begin . . . :shadedshu

I think, instead, that I will bid this thread adieu and let others further attempt extingish the greek fire of nonsense and dribble.

see y'all in the next big debate :toast:

<exeunt flourish>
  8. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:

In and out with style. :roll:

I have tried not to get involved in this and just enjoyed the pathetic excuses that people come up with to justify their belief.

I can't believe some of the things said. Candle you said about how you study politics and the American Constitution - at least spell them correctly!

The USA is an immigrant country - it wasn't until Mr Washington came (well around then) that the word American actually came about. Surely to grow as an economy you need to teach the masses. Even the UK has seen that - one of the main stones in the New Labour party, Education and National Health Service.
  9. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    that goes agsint the founding ideas of this nation though, the States are responsible for those things. Remember each state is independent of the whole on a certain level. It was setup this way.
  10. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    then maybe your (and people like you) ideologies needs to change so that your nation can grow?

Surely it should be the US government to lead the other states, to guide them to teach anyone with an American nationality. You might have the cleverest Mexican in the world right on your doorstep but you don't want him there even if he could be the next Einstein?
  11. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    see there you go again saying we need to change the US Government, it doesn;t need to be changed, the states need to do there job, its that simple
  12. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    then isn't it up to the US government to make them do their job? I mean who is running your country? You make it sound like each state is a different country. If that was the case - why do i see USA in the Olympic table and not 50 states?
  13. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
    our gov also needs a big revamp
  14. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Each State is a mini nation yes, the National government is seperate from state government. It was setup this way to leave the power of the government in the hands of the states with the national government taking care of international concerns and defense. Internal state affairs are to be handled by the State. This is how it was made, so in a manner yes a State is a mini nation but part of a whole. To fix the education system the states have to step up to do it. Bush fixed the Texas Education system before we went to be president and im damn proud of him as the Govenor of the State and would gladly welcome him back after the next presidental election. Issues such as Civil Defense, Education, Health Care, Public Services are all matters of the state.
  15. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    Fixed the education system. I just highlighted all the words you failed to spell correctly.

I'm not going to bother arguing with you Candle - arguing with you is like arguing with ignorance itself.
  16. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    i cant type worth a damn whats the problem i dont look at my keys and never took typing class, i spell just fine with pen and paper, so leave my spelling out of it. And im explaining how the US Government was inteded to work. This is not England
  17. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    No it's common sense - which by the looks of it you lack.

Good bye.
  18. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Finally somebody said it!
  19. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    it is not common sense to reform an entire government because certain states refuse to do there job such as Lousiana, California, Alabama, New York, ect

Most states do there job, some don't and I see no need to reform the entire US Government because people in those states can not elect a competent govenor
  20. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It's alarming how every now and then such threads are getting locked. Really alarming.
  21. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    As soon as members start waging personal attacks it's time to close the thread.