1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel to drop pricing?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by MxPhenom 216, Jul 22, 2011.

1. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
  2. Pestilence New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been speculating about this for awhile. There's a rumor of Intel dropping a 6 core with no HT for 1155 in September, Calling it the 2800K and pricing it around 349.99
    MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  3. _JP_

_JP_

Thanks Received:
    Very unlikely, if you ask me. Then again, I am in Europe, where the prices of relatively new hardware don't drop and USD = EUR, so I might be wrong (they could lower the price for non K versions of SB). But as a final thought, no, I don't think Intel is going to drop prices on it's SB processors.
  4. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    that would be badass
  5. Hotobu

Hotobu New Member

Thanks Received:
    While no one except Intel knows if this will happen, I don't see how any reasonable person would doubt this. Bulldozer is coming very soon, and whether it's good or no good it will definitely subtract attention and revenue from Intel. SB has been out for quite a while at its price point so it's reasonable to believe that it'll see a price drop to compete. As fora new processor *shrug* that could be true too. Everyone knows that a lot of what sells in the tech world are buzzwords, and "cores" is definitely a buzzword when it comes to processors kinda like how cylinders are with car engines.