1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Internet problem, need help!

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by sunnyj58, Jan 4, 2009.

1. sunnyj58 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey,

I was trying to fix a friends internet connection, but whatever I do cant seem to get it working and am running out off ideas..

The problem is, they went into there router (D link G625T) and tried to make a static IP to set up there PS3.. But it caused the internet to stop working. They changed it all back but still dont work.

Well, I come round and tried putting all settings right, dynamic IP settings ect ect, but still nothing.

I think its a DNS error, but only options on there is to put a default gateway address in, which I dont know. Or to let the router auto do it which I selected.

I also tried factory reseting it a couple off times but nothing. All computers, laptop and ps3 can connect to the router, but non are getting internet access.

They are with tesco broadband is that helps, there router has a "PPPOE/PPPOE" setting, which I dont know what is so just selected the dynamic ip setting.

Any help would be really great :D
  2. mrhuggles

mrhuggles

Thanks Received:
    you need to figure out how your friend connects to the internet, then change settings in the router according to that
  3. sunnyj58 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well they said they did have it set as PPPOE/PPPOE.
    And on some papers they had from setup I found info forit, but when I typed it all out it stil didnt work :S
  4. sunnyj58 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Bump