1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Internet stops working randomly...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Casheti, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi...I use Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer...they both work fine...and then all of a sudden, my internet stops working...I have recently found out if i connect to 62.252.64.16:8080, I can use the internet again...but it always works on auto detect proxy settings until that time it just goes...so why does it just...stop working??? And when I set it to connect to 62.252.64.16:8080, EVERYTHING apart from AIM works....wtf....please...I am in DESPERATE NEED OF ASSISTANCE...NTL CUSTOMER SERVICES IS BULLSHIT AND DOESN'T HELP
  2. Canuto

Canuto New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm not an expert on internet far from it but there are some things you can try, do a system restore to before you had this problems or you can reset your modem if you have one.
  3. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have reset the modem...repaired the connection...etc...EVERYTHING...even thrown it against the wall...it's a PC problem...so I guess a format is what's needed, because I've been needing to do one for a while anyway...but I still want to know how to fix this before I format...it's pissing me off...
  4. xylomn

xylomn New Member

Thanks Received:
    My mate had a similar problem with his Telewest modem (telewest/ntl same company) fixed it by just restoring the modem to its factory settings
  5. Casheti

Casheti New Member

Thanks Received:
    Computer problem, nothing to do with modem :D Thanks for the advice, anyhow..