1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

iPhone... Your Thoughts

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by v12dock, Jan 12, 2011.

1. v12dock

v12dock

Thanks Received:
    I would like to hear some of the peoples inputs on the iPhone.

I personally hate apple and all the products they sell. Today when Verizon announced that iPhone will be coming to it, I lost most of my support for Verizon.

I'm not sure if I will be switching networks anytime soon, but if Verizon's network gets bogged down by it, then I will be switching to Sprint most likely.

2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm seriously considering trading my Droid in for an iPhone now that Verizon has picked it up.. and this!!

[​IMG]

Though if they make one for my Droid Incredible any time soon, I'll keep my phone.

Either way I'm not much of an Apple fan, though I do really like the iPhone and the iPad.

random says thanks.
  3. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    what is that? looks mad nice...

i use the iphone 4, it's preety amazing.. have it fully jailbroken and tricked out, it saves me from having to purchase and carry a gps and a camera. It's great for texting, as well as keeping you awake in class, great for studying, learning, and researching as well..

i use loads and loads of apps to help me manage so much about my life.. it's astounding how much it helps me.. and on top of that it's a small portable phone.

4. erocker

Thanks Received:
    My thoughts exactly. The future is NOW!!! :laugh: Seriously!

I don't have a company link but it's called the O'Car.. weird name. Here's a link: http://gizmodo.com/5724935/oxygen-a...feed&utm_campaign=Feed: gizmodo/full (Gizmodo)

Way better link to the manufacturer: http://www.oxygenaudio.com/231-o-series

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
    random says thanks.
  5. random

random

Thanks Received:
    imo no matter how many people say this or that phone is better than the iphone 4 they won't beat the number of people that already have it or the amount of apps currently on it as well. the game Infinity Blade or Epic Citadel really shows off what the iphone 4 is capable of and I don't know about you but if it can run unreal engine 3 with decent FPS then it's a sure buy for me, overall it's a very powerful and capable phone. You'll also get a tonne of personalization choices the phone itself is the most popular therefore you'd be able to find countless ways of customizing it to your own needs.

6. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    I'm considering a Verizon iPhone. AT&T was the only thing holding me back.

7. cmanning27

cmanning27

Thanks Received:
    I've had and used the iPhone since it came out in 2007 and I love it.

The only part I hate is AT&T.. The service is complete shit and I'll be switching to verizon to give them a try.

8. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    Avid Droid 1 user here. I won't slander the iPhone cause it is pretty nice, but I'll stick with my Droid.

yogurt_21 says thanks.
  9. jmcslob

Thanks Received:
    It will be Verizons 3G Network only which is only 2/3 the speed of AT&T's 3G Network
    It also means no talking while on the web

I'd wait though....Apple has to be workin on an LTE IPhone with a much Faster processor....

10. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Pfft! If you can get AT&T's 3G to be available. 4G by end of summer btw. The 3G on my Droid is plenty fast enough for anything you'd want to do with a phone.

11. cmanning27

cmanning27

Thanks Received:
    See, that's how everybody should be lol.

Not "iPhone is sooo much better" or "Droid pwns, iPhone sucks!"

They're both great phones, but I prefer the iPhone. It's just personal preference.

12. jmcslob

Thanks Received:
    Ehh I know what you are saying but the Iphone is quite sloppy with it's DATA...Droids are far more efficient with DATA use.....Still not saying the Iphone is by any means a bad phone

13. random

random

Thanks Received:

Man that head deck is freaking sweet! Definitely getting one for my car. :rockout:

14. cmanning27

cmanning27

Thanks Received:
    I personally think it's a carrier problem. (AT&T)

Like I said.

Great phone, bad service.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2011
  15. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith

Thanks Received:
    Ive recently bought an Iphone 3GS for my mother with a Firmware of 4.0.2 and i am curious as to how do you unlock it to another carrier. Also i tried all the RedSn0w and Greenpois0n jailbrakers and it does not work with them for some reason. Heck when i try to connect it to iTunes and update the firmware it says that it cannot verify with Apple's servers for some reason. Is there a way to go around that ?

Havent been into the iPhone scene since the 2G days so i have no idea.

16. mdsx1950

mdsx1950 New Member

Thanks Received:
    iPhone 4 = LEGEN... (wait for it)... DARY!

It's the best phone ever. Probably the best touchscreen i've used. And the apps are outstanding. Awesome sound quality as well.

I've used my friend's iPhone 4 recently and it was awesome. I own a iTouch 3rd Gen and they are quite similar. But i gotta say, the iPhone 4 is the best so far in my opinion.

17. HUSKIE

HUSKIE New Member

Thanks Received:

PM me and i will help you...

18. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    Verizon iphone is a money grab
    ATT iphone runs like its on verizon
    Verizon - Revision A of EV-DO 3.1 Mbit/s
    ATT - HSDPA 3.6, 7.2 and 14.0 Megabits/s depending on area

Android on ATT is much faster then an iphone4, sprint 4g android is the only thing that beats it.
    Proof, my captivate on ATT anyone care to challenge.
    [​IMG]

19. vbx New Member

Thanks Received:
    Your blind hate for Apple has you missing out on a great phone and product. "Don't knock it til you try it"...

The only thing to watch out is the GPS tags they embed into every photo you take. So before you post the pictures online, remove those tags.

20. jmcslob

Thanks Received:
    Absolutely correct!

21. Rule-R

Rule-R New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great phone, dont like apple as much.

Apple just feels and appears rather arrogant to me.
    More than othe companies.

22. Bundy

Bundy

Thanks Received:
    We have a variety of phones at our work, including iphones.

The apps for iphones are entertaining I note, so much so that I see the iphone users spend a lot of time talking about them and downloading more. Not once has any person shown me an apps that they actually find useful. Apps seem to be intended to show non iphone users what they are missing I guess. All the other phones also have apps that are equally useless, just not so many of them. All the new phones will browse, that is the main thing you want.

Build quality, meh. Virtually every phone manufacturer is much the same. If I was to pick a manufacturer, it would be HTC.

Operating system, well I'll give apple a plus here cos it does seem to work well for me whenever I have to use one. Microsoft OS is the pits, although RIM do a fairly bad job here as well.

Use as a phone? Now thats an interesting point, I'd recommend any Nokia phone for that purpose, they have better reception, longer battery life and a simpler interface. Nothing comes close.

There is no need to get hung up about iphones, just don't buy one if you don't like them. They will not slow down your network or make your testicles shrink. They are a money making gimmick, just like the rest of them, thats all. I think it's great that we have such a range of choices these days.

23. random

random

Thanks Received:
    That is quite sad, heres a shortlist of apps I can't live without at the moment,

Mobile Banking St George

Tripview - Local Bus Time table apps

Paypal and eBay

iPod

LogMein so that I can access my PC remotely I usually start downloads monitor benchmarks etc while I'm at work its great to have

Flixster to save me and my mrs having to to go home to find out what's showing in the movies and whether or not it's a good idea to go to the movies

findmyiphone me and my mrs are able to keep track of each other via iphone

then we got MSN which is a given, facebook which i do so frequently use

WoW armory app I can use the remote auction house which is pretty damn useful if you play WoW

And the list CAN go on... I personally think the people you work with have not taken the time to make use of a smartphone.

24. jmcslob

Thanks Received:
    That is the best APP for the IPhone Period....
    It lets you lock your Iphone, erase it, Track it etc...
    It's also the best way to track a stolen Iphone

25. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    I agree but in another aspect I can think of many alternates to those for use on Android. Except for findmyiphone that's a very interesting app. Wouldn't you need to leave GPS enabled all the time bringing down battery life?

Sorry, I do like the iPhone but as I said before I am sticking with my Droid 1.