1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

IPS Panel Advice

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by Ramo1203, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Ramo1203

Ramo1203

Thanks Received:
    Hello everybody!

I’ve wanted to change my 24” Philips TN monitor since a while. After a little of searching and reading, I think a 24” IPS panel would be nice, I hope I’ll see the difference in quality!

It’s really hard to choose between the DELL U2412M, HP ZR2440W, and ASUS PA246Q.
    For someone who isn’t going to use a monitor for professional work or anything serious, all three should be good right? There’s some little stuff that differentiate them, like the DELL has an E-IPS panel and the ASUS P-IPS which is better right? But I have not found anything significant to choose one over the other.

Despite reading plenty of reviews, I just can’t decide. Any advice for me?

Thanks!

2. DarkOCean

DarkOCean

Thanks Received:
    on top of that big mountain on mars(Romania)
    Ramo1203 says thanks.
  3. Ramo1203

Ramo1203

Thanks Received:
    Not really, because I don't want to buy outside of Switzerland, it's not worth it... Plus I work at a computer shop, and I have a good discount.

4. DarkOCean

DarkOCean

Thanks Received:
    on top of that big mountain on mars(Romania)
    Ok, then choose the one that is cheaper between those 3.

5. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    As I understand it P has better colour reproduction, some refer to "P" as premium and "E" as economy with IPS panels although I am no expert!, however the more you read the more you conclude that there is not usually a great deal of difference outside of "professional" useage.

Obviously consider refresh rates if you are going to be gaming but generally you shouldn't go too wrong with any so as suggested I would probably go for the cheapest unless there was very little pricing difference between the E and the P.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
    Ramo1203 says thanks.
  6. Ramo1203

Ramo1203

Thanks Received:
    Yeah for the price I can get the DELL (305), it's a pretty good deal, the ASUS is 405. The extra stuff like HDMI port and card-reader that the DELL doesn't have aren’t useful for me anyways. I'll be pretty happy with it I think.

Thanks for helping me choose!