1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Is Intel SpeedStep ok to use when OCing?

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Ozpa, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Ozpa

Thanks Received:
    Oh ok! :)
    I tried the Fraps plugin once like 2 years ago and have it disabled ever since ;)

I'll post my LCD when I get home I promise (given my gf left me her camera) :p
  2. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    Just wanted to add my other "pages"

GPU

[​IMG]

Fans/Pump

[​IMG]
    Ozpa says thanks.
  3. Ozpa

Thanks Received:
    I was editing my LCD yesterday, trying to fit everything I need into 1 window :D
    But I swear I'll post mine anytime soon now! ;)

P.S. AIDA64 cannot detect my CPU fan's RPMs in windows o_O only the BIOS monitor shows the rpms.
  4. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Id Rather Control the Clock and Voltage Rates of the CPU and GPU, not let the stuff control itself because i dont trust it.
    Ozpa says thanks.
  5. James1o1o

James1o1o

Thanks Received:
    Speedstep only works correct if you use offset voltage instead of fixed voltage, I notcied after finding my perfect voltage setting (-0.100v) it would downclock and undervolt to about 1.6ghz and 0.9v, and when in use would clock up to 4.5ghz at about 1.3v. Perfectly stable on an Asus P8Z68 motherboard.
    Ozpa says thanks.
  6. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    I am on water so that it not an issue ;) Hence why I have the "Asst" Fan there which is a 50mm to blow around where a CPU fan should be blowing.
    Ozpa says thanks.
  7. Ozpa

Thanks Received:
    Ok here's my LCD:

[​IMG]

It's kind of in a rework since I've added the CPU clock rate and voltage. Still working on spacing all the items but it's what I have right now. Top is all CPU stats, then RAM usage, then GPU and Video MC load, GPU temp, right to the GPU clock rate is the fan speed in RPM and below that is the Video memory usage (89MB used). Bottom row is Uptime, then motherboard temp, then local time ;)
    INSTG8R says thanks.