1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Is it ok to leave clock as it is if...

Discussion in 'ATITool' started by beecho, May 15, 2006.

1. beecho New Member

Thanks Received:
    while using the inbuild artifact scanner of atitool, and artifacts appear, but the scan still continues on with " No error for blah blah blah seconds" since the start of the artifact scan?
    Eg. i start test, 300seconds later, it shows "No errors for 300seconds" but than, there are artifacts, so issit ok to go with the clock speed?
  2. drade

drade

Thanks Received:
    Wow wow wo wait im confused :laugh: , your getting artifacts? Even when it says your not, artifacts are pretty bad, they have cause me major damage at times..
  3. beecho New Member

Thanks Received:
    mmmmmm so artifacts are worst than they telling me errors occured? :eek:
  4. mikelopez New Member

Thanks Received:
    The same thing happened to me when I tried it. The core kept rising even though I could see artifacts. It got as high as 663.43 until finally an ATI error said the VPU was not responding.
  5. sodapopinski New Member

Thanks Received:
    Same here. 9800XT. Core kept going higher and higher with more artifacts until video card froze. It never said there were any errors the whole time.
  6. bigboi86

bigboi86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you can see visual errors then you have went too far, period.

Sometimes the human eye can point out errors better than software. Back before ATITool, you just had to use 3dmark01 and run some loops and keep an eye out for artifacts :D
  7. Thermopylae_480

Thermopylae_480 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Some versions of ATITool just don't always seem to catch all the artifacts. That's why it's recomended that you visually monitor ATITool while scanning for artifacts. If you see artifacts and ATITool doesn't... well you still have artifacts then.