• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Is it true (The-Division) PC version will get a downgrade ?

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
^^^It's not just Ubi, it's just that it draws more attention when one of the biggest dev/pub teams in the industry pull this stuff, esp on back to back AAA titles. Gearbox did WAY worse when they not only advertised a much better looking Aliens: Colonial Marines pre-launch, but stole it's funding and dumped it into Borderlands 2 as well.

Honestly, I don't know why people expect any better from Ubi than the average deceptively advertising publisher. They've done a lot of suspect things from shady DRM, to their crap game browser Uplay, to milking the same old franchises for years. This is just par for the course for them.

Processor Intel i7-10700k
Motherboard Gigabyte Aurorus Ultra z490
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming Trio X 3070 LHR
Display(s) ASUS MG278Q / AOC G2590FX
Case Corsair X4000 iCue
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular
Software Windows 10
Wasn't GTA IV really CPU-dependant? Am i crazy in remembering that?

^^^It's not just Ubi, it's just that it draws more attention when one of the biggest dev/pub teams in the industry pull this stuff, esp on back to back AAA titles. Gearbox did WAY worse when they not only advertised a much better looking Aliens: Colonial Marines pre-launch, but stole it's funding and dumped it into Borderlands 2 as well.

That's a really poor example. Yes, Gearbox did outsource ACM to Timegate, but they also gave them the working demo they had showed that people always reference. The issue was that they never gave Timegate a solid outline of what they wanted, so Timegate figured they could make whatever the hell they wanted. Which means they basically took an optimized gameplay demo, threw it out, and started making some half-assed game to their own liking. The way I heard it from Polygon, by the time Gearbox checked in on them there was almost none of the original assets intact. The reason previously impressive segments are so crappy in the real game was because Gearbox had a few monthes to completely rebuild the game, which is quite a lengthy process. So yes, Gearbox is shitty for outsourcing a game they agreed to make, but Timegate is really the company the screwed the game up. The game was never really dumbed down, it was just hastily recreated to look something like what they had already promised people.

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
I can't believe you call that a poor example based on what, GearBox being in the dark? Seriously? They took funding that was supposed to be spent on A:CM and put it into Borderlands 2. You can't GET any less responsible than that. And as you said they agreed to and were trusted to develop it themselves. The whole thing was a scam they concocted.