1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Is my PSU good enough sigma shark sp635

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by DTV DRAGON, Nov 26, 2009.

1. DTV DRAGON

DTV DRAGON New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys I was just wondering if you think my PSU is good enough for my system It is the Sigma Shark SP635 WATT from reading on the net it seems to have good reviews on it, but Iam just currious as to what you think, and would it be benificial to me to get a better one if you think that this one isnt that good thanx Dragon

2. i789 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Is there any problem currently with the system?? Do you do overclocking on the CPU or GPU? If you are not doing any overclocking and your system is running stable, your PSU should be fine. But if you want a better PSU with high power, here is an OCZ 1010w currently selling for $54.99 http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=109166

3. DTV DRAGON

DTV DRAGON New Member

Thanks Received:
    no cant say that there is a problem at the moment but I do have my video card o/ced and will be o/cing my cpu later on once i get a better board, geez wish i lived in the states as i dont think they ship to canada do they? If I knew someone good enough down there I would paypal them the cash and get them to purchase and send to canada to me, that is a heck of a deal Dragon

4. i789 New Member

Thanks Received:
    where do you live in Canada, can you just ship to US border and pick it up yourself?

5. i789 New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you live close to Toronto, you can go across to Bufflo, NY to pick up your package form local mail services. If you live close to Vancouver, go across to Point Roberts, there are many mail services to pick up your packages ;)

6. DTV DRAGON

DTV DRAGON New Member

Thanks Received:
    no I live in saskatchewan, about 5 hours away from us border was a good thought though Dragon

7. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    Aabout your thinking of getting someone in the States to buy for you and ship to you. I sold a CPU to someone in canada before, sent it 3 day priority, took 2 weeks to clear customs. Not saying not to do it, just giving a heads up. Personally, with just one gtx280, I think you'll be fine.

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. DTV DRAGON

DTV DRAGON New Member

Thanks Received:
    thanx if you think its good enough I willl stay with it for now, we will see down the line once I have a board that o.c's and maybe twp pcie slots thanx guys! Dragon