1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Is star wars the force unleashed any good on PC?

Discussion in 'Games' started by JC316, Apr 16, 2010.

1. JC316

JC316 Knows what makes you tick

Thanks Received:
    Steam has the Ultimate Sith edition on sale for pretty cheap and I was wondering if it was worth a damn on PC? Keep in mind that I am a star wars junkie and I can overlook some problems with it. Also can my system even run it decently?

E5200@ 3.5GHZ
    4GB DDR2 800
    Geforce 8800GT 512MB
  2. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    last i knew it ran like crap and was a horrible port but patches might have fixed it

altho i suppose it runs better then Sabotouer or w/e on PC at least for ati users lol

also not sure if they corrected it but i remember that they in game graphics settings cant be changed so you can either run it or you cant
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  3. arroyo

arroyo

Thanks Received:
    This game would run fine on your rig.
  4. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    The game's pretty nice looking but quite boring after a while as even though the story progresses, all you do is the same thing in different maps - run bout, kill mobs, find and kill boss.
    95Viper and Soylent Joe say thanks.
  5. JC316

Thanks Received:
    Right, that is one thing I was concerned with. I mean, I can get this game for like $17 for the PS3, or $15 on PC. I just don't want to waste the money for the PC version if it wont run right.

You know this for a fact, or just because I meet the system requirements?

I can handle killing mobs, just so long as I am doing it with a light saber and with style.
  6. ToTTenTranz

ToTTenTranz New Member

Thanks Received:
    The game isn't demanding.

I had a friend playing it with in-game settings maxed out, and he was using a Macbook Pro (2.5GHz dual core, 9500GT).
    You should be able to play it maxed out with MSAA and AF.

It's a fantastic game if you're a Star Wars fan. It does fill some holes in the story arc and it's always fun to kill startroopers using different methods.

If you don't really care for the Star Wars saga, then it won't make much sense. This is obviously a fan-oriented game.
    JC316 says thanks.
  7. Easo

Easo

Thanks Received:
    It is optimized poorly, but patches have fixed most of that. Story is good(imho), and nothing beats throwing Stormtroopers against wall, into lava, etc.
    So yea, its worth some money.
  8. keling New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's a great game and yet at the same time a bit disappointing.

It played at 30fps with my PC and only dips for a second when entering a new area.

Never finished it. It gets boringly repetitive and the boss battles were a pain. It's annoying to play for over an hour from a 3rd person view only to have the view change to side scroller (kinda) when the boss appears.
    And with your main character takes toooooo long to get up after being knocked down while the boss keeps pounding at you, it doesn't help.

Anyway buy it if you want to, especially when it is cheap. At least you won't regret (too much) it if it turns out be disappointing.
  9. Soylent Joe

Soylent Joe New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'd say pay a little more and get it on the PS3 if you're adamant about playing it. It's not a horrible game at all (on consoles).
  10. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    With the latest patch, the game is great on a PC, especially using a xbox 360 controller. I had absolutely no issues.
    JC316 and Soylent Joe say thanks.
  11. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    so does this game have a modding community or any downloadable content to keep it going? I might buy it.
  12. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Highly doubt it. It's a console game afterall. If it's cheap now, it's worth buying for what it is.
  13. ToTTenTranz

ToTTenTranz New Member

Thanks Received:
    The PC version is called "Ultimate Sith Edition" and it bundles a couple of new levels that were formerly non-free DLCs for the consoles.

And the extra levels are actually great, with lots of surprises and non-canonical "what-if" situations.

So not only you get the game at a great price, you also get the DLCs for free. Take that, you filthy console lovers!
  14. Shadowdust

Shadowdust

Thanks Received:
    As others have said, after the patch was released, the game is pretty playable. The game hasn't choked up or crashed on me yet and I'm on the third level.
  15. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    Keep meaning to try this game. Whilst we are on the subject of Star Wars, has anyone played Star Wars Galaxies?
  16. overclocker

overclocker

Thanks Received:
    I own the game and it runs great on my lappy maxed out 1920x1200, I use xbox 360 controler because it sucks with mouse and keyboard.
    o and by the way the patch fixs all the crapy game play.
  17. JC316

Thanks Received:
    I went ahead and bought it. I just hope that it runs good. No biggie with te 360 controller since I have one.
  18. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    It will go cheaper. Just wait.
  19. 95Viper

95Viper

Thanks Received:
    It is a really good running game with the patches installed, but like others have said, boring after a couple of sessions of the the same old stuff, just different trees and things. I never finished it and when I think about playing again, I usually hit, COH or Crysis, instead.

Just my oldpinion.:)
  20. kenkickr

kenkickr

Thanks Received:
    It wasn't a bad game at all but wasn't worth the hype it received. The graphics quality on the PC reminded me of the PC version of Iron Man....CRAP/DISGUSTING!!
    Crunching for Team TPU
  21. JC316

Thanks Received:
    Meh, I really don't care about graphics. I still love KotOR and Jedi Academy and they are old. Just so long as I get to lay down some carnage, I am good. Oh and on a side note. 30GB?!?!?!? That is insane.
  22. olithereal

olithereal New Member

Thanks Received:
    Been looking to play this...I think I'm gonna skip this for PC and just rent it on PS3..
  23. JC316

Thanks Received:
    Almost 5 hours at 300k+ download speeds and I am only 27% complete.... This is a big freaking game.
  24. erocker

Thanks Received:
    Do people still play Jedi Academy? I used to lightsaber duel for hours on end, what an awesome game that was. I wonder if I still have the CD laying around for it?
  25. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    Just recently finished it (well, about a year ago). A truly worthy Star Wars game even though the story line was rather.. dull, the game was till superb.