1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

is the amd64 stock fan any good with overclocking

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by BULLET, Dec 14, 2004.

1. BULLET New Member

Thanks Received:
    ok, as some of u know i have the amd64 3200+ clawhammer core, the stock clock speed is 2.0ghz and i have overclocked it to 2.16ghz at 1.550v.just because it runs about 2 degrees higher than normal, but i dont want to go any higher because im not sure if the stock fan can handle 2.2 ghz at 1.65v. does anyone think it could be ok at 2.2ghz with stock fan, im getting the zalman CNPS7000A-AlCu real soon, but for in the mean time im not sure if its a good idea to go any higher.

2. XooM New Member

Thanks Received:
    probably not. stock fans are designed to handle the sold clockspeed, but have a little bit of leeway. if you can hit 2.2ghz at 1.55 volts though, you'd be fine.

3. BULLET New Member

Thanks Received:
    well, i tryed 2.2ghz at 1.55v but it didnt like that, and wasnt stable, is that because it needs more volts?

4. BULLET New Member

Thanks Received:
    oh, and one more thing, i just bought the zalman CNPS7000-AlCu on ebay about a half hour ago, so it should be at gettin to me by the end of the week, or monday..........................

5. mattthemodder New Member

Thanks Received:
    Stock cooler is great, they run cool anyway. The one I built for somebody ran at 41load, 33ish idle