1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Is the Logitech better than the Razer

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Lazer_Dark_Assassin, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Lazer_Dark_Assassin

Lazer_Dark_Assassin New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey

For gaming, is the Logitech MX 1000 laser mouse better than the Razer Diamondback 3G?

2. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    I'd probably say no,the razer is better.

Lazer_Dark_Assassin says thanks.
  3. paulm

paulm New Member

Thanks Received:
    Why the MX 1000?

I would imagine logitech g5/g9 would be considered?

4. IggSter

IggSter

Thanks Received:
    Both are very respectable brands in the mouse market place so I would suggest that they are so close it will be down to personal preference.

I know some people who hate the shape of razer mice and others who love it.

But as someone else has said I would suspect that a G5/G9 are more comparable than the MX1000.

5. I don't really know about that, I have only been using razer products since I got the first Boomslang.. The cool thing I know with Razer is that you can "lock" the "X" and "Y", so for an example in say Source if you want to be able to move your head around quick but not lose the horisontal aim, you just lock it to a "number" and voilá..

6. spearman914

spearman914 New Member

Thanks Received:
    MX1000 = 800 dpi
    Razer 3G = 1800 dpi

So the answer is Razer but i don't think u'll need that much dpi.

7. paulm

paulm New Member

Thanks Received:
    Same with my G5, and there are 5 sensitivity settings (unnecessary, but cool). I'm not sure if I like it or hate it, so I might return it and get a Lachesis or G9 to try out...

My main gripe with the G5 is that you have to place three fingers on the top of the mouse, whereas I prefer to have only my pointer and middle finger on the top of the mouse. Also has an odd texture that reminds me of an extremely fine sandpaper...

I agree with spearman, Razer is the better choice between the two mice.

8. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    Mice are dependent on personal choice and feel; our opinions will only be worth so much. I can't stand Razers because they feel too small and skimpy in my hands. Others here swear by them.

spearman914 says thanks.
  9. spearman914

spearman914 New Member

Thanks Received:

+1, there's no actual "BETTER" mouse, just the way of feel and the way u get used to it. You get the mouse w/ the highest ratings but u feel like it's too small or not the shape that u want it to be etc......

10. kyle2020 Guest

I have a Razer Diamondback, but being my first proper mouse I cant say. It is starting to feel a bit small in my hand, but its a damn good mouse and being a high sensitivity gamer its a god send.

Id deffinately look at a Logitech equivalent, I mean logitech just kick arse.

11. Altered

Altered

Thanks Received:
    Same here. I am one of those who hate the razor physical aspects. Way too small for my large hands 3 of its buttons are worthless to me.
    I agree, I have had one and the software, internals, and software are extremely good but if it isn't comfortable what good is it. A mouse is something unlike the rest of the PC with the exception of the keyboard. The two most hands on pieces of hardware. If they are uncomfortable it doesn't matter how precise or well built it is you will not like using it. These are my opinions but in the gaming community 99% of the people I have talked to felt the same way. It must fit your hand as well as function as needed.

12. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    I know you asked about the MX1000, but I would say I prefer the mx revolution simply because I can change songs while gaming, change volume and take screenshots. It doesn't matter what the dpi is etc its about personal preference and neither mouse will make you better at a game because of its specs it depends on how it feels to you.

13. Lazer_Dark_Assassin

Lazer_Dark_Assassin New Member

Thanks Received:

My brother has the mx 1000 and I have a diamondback 3G

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  14. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    The MX really isn't a gaming mouse. I mean it works great for it since you can bind so much to it, but it's just so comfortable. So if all your looking for is straight out DPI then the Razer is the choice. But if your looking for an all around good mouse with a ton of hotkey spots that is comfortable then the MX is the obvious choice.

15. BloodTotal

BloodTotal New Member

Thanks Received:
    Mouses' are good depending on what grip you like

Lol

16. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    depends on personal preference, comfort really, specs wise I'm pretty sure the DB3G is a lot better

17. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Razer Deathadder is better than any mouse. Ever.

18. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    if it was why did I buy it and gave it to my friend? I dont really think it is , best mouse would have to be one your comfortable with im comfortable with the copperhead and I loved it so much instead of buying a diamondback 3g or any other mouse really I bought another damn copperhead

19. Thrackan

Thrackan

Thanks Received:
    It's all up to discussion and taste. If your brother has a MX1000, you could try if you like it. If you don't, I suggest going to a proper shop which lets you try the mice you want to try on a demo stand.
    Personally, I've had a Copperhead for years now and I think it's a lovely mouse.

20. J-Man

J-Man New Member

Thanks Received:
    If you like flat mice, go for Razer, if you like a little chunky mice, go for Logitech. I personally prefer Logitech. I own the MX518.

21. zithe

zithe

Thanks Received:
    I went into radioshack (I know, hissing from all around) and tried all their mice and, surprisingly enough, found one I really liked. A cheap 30 dollar wireless mouse with perfect fit for me. It was made by a company I had never heard of. Gigaware. Wasn't a gaming mouse, but the extra buttons get in my way, anyways.

22. Sc1mitar New Member

Thanks Received:
    o god...

k listen, mice are subjective. which means some ppl like x brand and some like y brand. Razer and logitech use the same optical engine in certain products. mpre DPI does NOT make the mouse better, just increases the speed at which you can move it. its just a marketing gimmick IMO.

Logitech Mx518/G5/G9=Razer Dadder/copperhead/diamondback w/e

23. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    Personal opinion:

I like Logitech better keyboard wise, and Razer mouse wize.

I have own 3 Logitech mouses (MX Revo, MX 1000, G5) among them, MX revo was favorite
    I have owned 2 Razer mouses (Diamondback, and Diamondback 3g) among them 3g was favorite

I use the Diamondback 3g to this day.

24. crtecha

crtecha New Member

Thanks Received:
    Dude I bought my Keyboard and mouse for 25 dollars.

It was cheap.
    Wireless.
    laptop style low profile keys.
    batteries last about 4 months and im on the thing all the time.

25. Frederik S Staff

Thanks Received:
    The best Logitech mouse was the MX518, best sensor in a very ergonomic shell with two thumb buttons. The Razer 3G infrared sensor has almost the same characteristics as the MX518 sensor except for a higher lift off distance. The infrared sensor performs better on some surfaces but generally they have the same speed and precision.

The MX518, Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 1.1/3.0, Razer DeathAdder or the DB3G are the best gaming mice currently available. As outsiders there are: SteelSeries Ikari laser, Razer Lachesis.

If you do not like a mouse which forces you to grip it in a certain way then you should consider the DB3G, otherwise the rest will probably suit you better.