1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Is there a laptop manufacturer that is bloat free?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by FordGT90Concept, Feb 14, 2013.

1. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Do you know if the ISO will work for Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro, and Windows 8 Ultimate keys (ISO is all-inclusive)? If it will, I might as well just use the key provided and get it/burn it now so I have it.

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    There is no Windows 8 Ultimate, only Regular(Home) and Pro. There is an Enterprise edition, but it is just Pro with volume licensing.

AFAIK, the ISO it provides includes both Regular and Pro edition. Though I've only used it to install the Pro edition.

And that key on the site doesn't work anymore, whenever I enter it the program just says it can't connect try again later. But right when I put in my legit key it instantly pops up with the download.

FordGT90Concept says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  3. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    My bad.

I got the same message and thought it was because I was downloading Indie Royale (eating all my bandwidth). Guess I'll just have to hang on to it as a stop-gap measure.

So...can anyone tell me anything about Sager?

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. red_stapler

red_stapler

Thanks Received:
    apple

Try configuring a Latitude instead of an Inspiron.

5. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    Vostro's have less bloat but still have some

Sager use to be a top notch laptop manufacture and made the Alienware Laptops at one time. They will probably hook you up There in CA call them (800) 669-1624

6. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Latitudes have Windows 7. I'd have to check with the customer to see what he really wants.

Apple, no. This is replacing a Sony Vaio running Windows 7 that's having hardware issues (hard freezes). If I can't diagnosis it and get it fixed on relatively short notice, he needs a new laptop soon. I won't have access to the computer until Sunday so I was hoping I could have some choices for laptops figured out for him before then so he could think about it.

Vostro has potential too. Kind of disappointing it doesn't have any real HDD/SDD options. Both Latitude and Vostro are better suited than Inspiron.

IA = Iowa

Crunching for Team TPU