1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

is there a "no emissions" mod/fix for clear sky?

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by hat, Nov 25, 2008.

1. hat

hat Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    so I'm playing clear sky and I'm blundering along the road in Garbage, where I suddenly get wtfpwned by an emission. No warning, no nothing. Just boom, dead. no matter what I do I can't get out of it. Even with infinate health cheat turned on from a trauner, still get owned.

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    patch 1.5 makes it so that emissions don't make you go out of control.. do you have it?

hat says thanks.
  3. hat

hat Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I have 1.5.07.
    I'm not going out of control, I just die. One second I'm running, the next, bang, dead, as if some unseen assassin sniped me from miles away.

Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke

Thanks Received:
    You should have gotten a PDA message. Did your screen not have interference / "the vodka effect" in the minutes before? Did the sky go dark / thunderstorm? These are signs of an emission. When this happens, your prmary and secondary missions will change from whatever they are to "Find cover from the emission" or "Hide from the emission". Otherwise, looks like the trainer caused it by speeding up player time or something so the emission is immediate, a side effect of your instant heals.

hat says thanks.
  5. hat

hat Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    yeah the sky was dark but hell its almost always dark anyway.

Crunching for Team TPU
  6. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    It seemed pretty obvious to me that I had to run for cover. I only saw like 3 emissions total but, whenever they happen, it's like a drop-all-your-shit-and-run kind of thing. XD

Your map shows you where you need to go. I think in Garbage, you have to go to the Stalker hideout in the center of the map. I think I went down in to the basement for good measure.

hat says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    the longer you go on, the more frequent they occur, too - my currnet game, do to poking around and testing stuffz - I get one about every level change :banghead:

what I'd like . . . would be to see someone mod the blowout sequence from OL2.2 into CS. It works much better, IMO, you get roughly the same amount of time, but NPCs don't just disappear - you'll actually see them sprinting right beside you for safety, and see them die if they don't find somewhere safe . . .

also, should you be caught out in the open for some reason - a massive amount of anti-rads or vodka will let you weather out the emission . . . it takes a lot to do so, but it's possible.

hat says thanks.
  8. hat

hat Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Using the unlimited armor cheat is a good choice. Your armor generally protects you pretty well and it's easy to find medkits and bandages. I was able to play through without a problem using unlimited armor only. It didn't effect the emissions at all.

The most frightening part was running around in the Red Forest, hearing a L O U D roar and having a bloodsucker leap out at me from nowhere.

This roar was unnatrually loud even for mutants. I was expecting a psuedogiant, or an army of them, or some unique, boss-like mutant but all I got as a bloodsucker. I figured it would be a huge boss-like mutant because I was nearing the bridge where you help Clear Sky bring that bridge back down to get into the city.

Crunching for Team TPU