1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Is there a way than i can use two different VGAs for Gaming and desktop separetly?

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by douglatins, Sep 20, 2008.

1. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    Considering that I will at least have to change monitor cable?
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
  2. wolf2009 Guest

connect both displays to same card. Extend the desktop to the second monitor

now you will have 2 separate desktops. One will have the start menu, and the other will have the same wallpaper only or any icons you place there .

Now force the games to run on any display you want
  3. francis511

francis511

Thanks Received:
  4. douglatins

douglatins

Thanks Received:
    No i mean like i have a 4870x2 for gaming, and would like to buy a 9500gt for physx, and if possible do as i say, run the desktop with 9500 and when gaming fire up the x2

Like i dont even have a clue if its any way possible
  5. Xazax

Xazax

Thanks Received:
    Not possible, Driver limitations of the graphics card.. you can do what Wolf said, i do that myself, but when running extended desktop there is no way to play a game and browse the wed, i have to Alt tab out of the game to scroll the webpage...

The best dual monitor work as if you watching a DVD movie/show or computer has a TV tuner.. you can watch TV/movie on the second monitor while gaming on the first!

But what you asking isnt possible :(