1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Is there anyway to repair this ?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Kast, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Kast

Thanks Received:
    A while back I had a loop leak and this was the end result.

[​IMG]

Is there anything I can do ? As of right now if I try to use the card I get video but there are lines and artifacts and the color is distorted.

2. syeef

Thanks Received:
    I usually clean my copper with Vinegar but for electronics I use Paint thinner.

3. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Chances are the damage is done. Shorts in memory are bad. There is a chance reside is still making a short, but the more it's ran, I think the worse it is. Try cleaning with Isopropyl or similar, need to get under those ram chips.

4. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    yup damage done. only the top of the copper seems oxidized but the memory chips are doomed. btw, there seems to be a lot of sulphates in your water.

if you used simple distilled water, it wouldnt have been much of a problem as distilled water is a poor conductor of electricity.

5. itsakjt

itsakjt

Thanks Received:
    You have still chances of repairing it. Maybe the circuit is simply burnt. To my experience, electronics take some time to damage. Just take solder wire and a soldering iron. Now follow the line of the damaged circuit. Apply soldering flux in the entire line. Get some solder material melted at the tip of the iron and just drag it through the line. You will get a silver solder circuit. Now clean all the flux and boot with the card. Check results. I recently repaired a motherboard this way.