1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Islam. Christianity. Tolerance. and Candle...

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by GSG-9, Mar 30, 2008.

1. GSG-9

GSG-9

Thanks Received:
    and that was my intial point, Natural Selection we've got proven, but evolution we don't quite have as a whole and it will be going through more changes as they do said tests. ;)

BioSulin is advertised for type 2 diabetes from what little information I can find on it. I has no use to over half the emerging type 1 diabetics although it will probably work with type 3 as well.
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  2. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    But it is the best we have. It is scientific. No, we do not have all the little details down, but we have the general ideas down (and those are proven/tested). The thing about science is, once you have a major idea/theory down, test it, one will find that they can use that to answer the smaller questions.

It follows the laws of nature, physics and is generally acceptable. The idea of other "theories" such as creationism was pulled out of nowhere, and has no scientific basis. This does.

Which is why we should consider evolution as scientific fact, but wait! It already is.
  3. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    Watching a documentary about the drought in the 30's and it is abundantly clear that they are using data to support what they want to believe, and tossing the rest by the wayside. For example a tree that is hundreds of years old and by a knot the scale was shown. On the other side in clear wood that is unaffected by flaws the rings are clear and show little change.

So a tree grows and each ring is a year, that is understood, but to use a flawed side to show what you want it to is horsecrap.

Now they are on about UFO hot spots and people seeing them. Yes aliens need lights to make sure they don't hit anything as they have not discovered radar. And all alien ships make a humming sound.

I don't know about everyone else, but I know that all these supposed scientists that study shit like UFO sightings are all begging for grants and money to continue to support their "studies" so they make shit up and do things like a "metal earth and lets apply electricity and see if these light bulbs I attached light.....AHHH they do, now lets fly around with our grant money to Ireland, England, and many other places, yes, all with ancient monuments and shrines, bla bla bla, always a military presence nearby". Yes and now with the photos. Throw reason out the window and lets just include that data that suports what we want.

This sound familiar, just like what most evolutionists accuse religious people of?
    10 Million points folded for TPU
  4. GSG-9

GSG-9

Thanks Received:
    Actually it clashes with the laws that everything else coincides with. Everything goes from order to disorder. Except in the case of evolution, because we made factor T=x*10^99^99^99^99 therefore when T= said number the 3rd law is lute and we can then reason that things go from disorder to order. Evolution does not fit into the rest of the system we have, it just fits better than everything else we have came up with.

Edit:

Btarunr I did find this in Reference to Type1 diabetes and BioSulin but I honestly cant even tell what they are saying its not a report just raw facts.
    http://lib.bioinfo.pl/pmid:16870300
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2008
  5. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    http://content.karger.com/ProdukteD...lNr=60655&ProduktNr=224318&filefp=60655fp.pdf

Whoops. DNA is damaged by UV radiation, and our primordial stew offers no protection from said radiation and thus disallows the formation of basic DNA. So lets take that sunlight out of the equation and assume that no light was reaching earths surface, suddenly there is no medium to support photosyntheses and thus life. So now we have DNA supposedly and no life and no reason to form a defense against damage and sunlight hits and guess what? It depolymerizes the DNA chain back into basic forms.

Now all this is assuming that the DNA had all the parts to form, but some part are not hydrophilic while some are, so formation in water for the complete chain is impossible.

Do you as a evolutionist feel good fighting against something not in existence? Like arguing with the crazies at a mental home and convinced you will prove your point of view?
  6. beyond_amusia

beyond_amusia New Member

Thanks Received:
    Viruses and Bacteria and even bugs are great examples of evolution... Viruses mutate rapidly, bateria become resistant to aniti-biotics, and bugs become immune to pestisdes... =P
  7. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    Or we are providing the means for the strong to survive. Cold viri found in the bottom of lake Baikal are similar to what are causing problems for us today. Monkeys are immune to HIV but we are not in general, the black plague killed millions and only left those that evolved? Or those that had a natural immunity or a strong immune system.

Advanced reproduction is a issue left untouched by evolution, chicken or egg, but without the means to make a egg and a working one in short order there would be no chickens left to try.

Plus the human factor. http://sageke.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/abstract/2002/21/nw72?ck=nck
  8. GSG-9

GSG-9

Thanks Received:
    Most of the mutations you speak of in viruses are closer to natural selection, the differences are similar to those of different species of animals.
  9. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    I find most of these to be examples of natural selection; there are numerous cases of different viruses that crop up now and then that do wonders for weeding out the herds - considering how quickly the human popluation grows. The bubonic plagues, ebola, HIV, just to name a few.

But, when it comes to evolution - nearly every species of animal on this planet has evolved to some extent over the course of time. Evolution is necessary in most cases for a species survival.

Take, for example, one of the few species that hasn't shown any evidence of evolution: the Horseshoe crab. They've been nicknamed "living fossils," as the species hasn't really changed at all in the last 350 to 500 million years. Their only notable change has been their reduction in overall size. This animal is of a sound design, as they don't need to adapt or evolve for their continued existance as a whole. There's no need for the species to evolve, so the species doesn't change.
  10. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    correction - their is no natural selection pressure to give a mutation a chance to thrive and result in change among the population, therefore the species does not change nor evolve.
  11. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    What if we get to the end of life, the time the earth is no longer habitable and Jehovah steps in and ask how we did ruling ourselves and no one is able to dispute that if we just listened to him in the first place none of the pain, troubles, hurt, deaths and other issues man has brought upon himself were necessary to prove that we are unfit to rule ourselves.

Every form of government has been tried and all fails. Plato.
    Still yet we try and we instead keep falling farther behind.
  12. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    but when a species design is near about flawless, natural selection will not occur and the species has nothing to adapt to, except for environmental changes. Natural selection on the scale that we're used to only occurs with animals that have some form of flaw - which is 99% of the living organims on earth.

going back to, again, the Horseshoe crab for example - they have very few natural predators. Asides from, the body design of the horseshoe leaves them extremelly well protected against what few natural predators they do have. The animal can move quickly on the ocean floor, and can also swim well as need be. Their immune system has made them rather impervious to bacteria and viruses . . . with such a strong and simple species design, there are very few factors to weed out the weak animals, or those not fit for continuation of the species, so natural selection doesn't occur on the scale that we're used to. There is no adaptation to outside pressures, so there is no evolution.

The species continues the way it is because there is no need to change.
  13. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    when the earth falls, everyone wont believe in religion, they will all believe in science, and they will all be like... who the fuck is this guy?

that's my thinking
  14. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    i wasn't disputing what you said about the Horseshoe crab being pretty damn perfect. I was just adding that evolution can only occur when there is a natural selection pressure, where a mutation can make it advantageous and therefore the whole population changes.
  15. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh, I see . . . :eek:

I had only brought up the horseshoe to begin with to show that there are species that have exhibited almost no change for millions of years longer than humans have been around. Using it for contrast in the evolution debate.
  16. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    All that Jahova Jablomi stuff is alright, except for one thing.

They don't exist and nobody cares about them. srsly.

There isn't some judgment day, we will die out eventually, and all that will remain are the elements that we are made of.
  17. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    So leave us loonies alone, makes you seem a bit daft arguing about something you don't believe exists.
  18. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    No, I'm daft about arguing over people believing in superpowers, magic beings and coming out of nowhere.

I understand that "it's your belief blah blah blah...", but still it gets annoying when people believe anything but objectivity, rationalism, science, physics and mathematics.

Maybe it's just me. Because I won't believe ANYTHING until I research every source I know. Books, internet, scientists, check everything out myself etc, and it infuriates me when people just lap up what is given to them and contaminate the rest of the world with their propaganda.

On one hand, somebody can consider science propaganda, but on the other, it is based on pure fact (true science that is).

I was brought up in a scientific environment, so maybe that's why.
  19. Triprift

Triprift

Thanks Received:
    Forgive me if i dont want to be part of something that covers up the molestsation of childeren affects law makers to make abortion illegal in some countries,prays on the venerable in society, brainwashes ppl into believing anything they say,condems gay marriage,used as a tool to start wars and is sexist in general. I could say more but i think ive made my point if the catholic church or any otha religion wants to be taken seriously then they need serious reforms done.
    russianboy says thanks.
  20. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    This.
  21. Ahhzz

Ahhzz

Thanks Received:
    "For God so loved...."

for a god that purposes to love us so much, to leave us until we destroy the world...that make sense to you?
  22. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    Please don't apply your beliefs to include a hate coverage of all religion.

There is nothing wrong with the bible itself and adhereing to it, but when humans start mixing in their ideas and traditions we have the problems.

There are racial problems stirred by atheistic nationalistic people as well as religions, so placing the blame squarely on the shoulders of religion is unfair. Look at what happened in Russia, they tried demolishing religion through state enforcement. To what effect?

When dealing with Jehovahs Witnesses they had this to say.

"We want to create a society just like these people, but without God, with our heads and hands"

They failed.

Hitler tried to destroy us along with the Jews.

He failed.

The churches in the US tried to destroy us by paying off a supreme court judge to have our religion banned and people thrown into prison.

They failed, and the judge was exposed and removed.

When war was raging between Hutu and Tutsi those who were of the same faith and of no faith slaughtered one another, those who were Witnesses hid each other and spared lives.

How is this religion bad? No molestation, no drugs, no drunks, no cheating or screwing around, happy families, non nationalistic, rejecting traditions of man, easy to get along with. A balanced view of things, refusing to go to war, refusing to kill others based on race, color, income, social status, or any other catagory, and no racisim.
  23. GSG-9

GSG-9

Thanks Received:
    Agreed, The goal of this thread is not to bash the said topic with genreal insults. If you have an issue say it, dont mock it by saying "blah blah blah".
  24. Triprift

Triprift

Thanks Received:
    Ill choose to disagree on that just as u choose to disagree with me and ill leave it at that i dont want top get into a slanging mach over something like that
  25. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    Can anyone imagine T-REX, Raptors and Adam and Eve living in the garden of eden?

I bet they were a running at times for their life!!!