1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Issue with Compaq pc

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by megalo, Apr 30, 2006.

1. megalo New Member

Thanks Received:
    This thread is about the problem first noted in the Video Card Issue, Compaq Help thread which is in parenthesis. When the pc shuts down a blue message pops up telling me check that certain things are up-to-date and it leaves me with this message:

Stop:0x0000007E(0xC0000005,0xF885E9BQ,0xF80709B4,0xF80706B0)

kbdclass.sys -Address F885E9BO base at F88fE000, Date Stamp 41107b08

Do I just have to update the Bios?

Other than that I have no Idea what I need to do.

The Pc specs are located at http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&dest_page=product&dlc=en&product=93212&docname=c00009492

2. kev012in New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey i hate to kick a dead mule here but umm... are you gaming when your pc shuts down? have you installed newer dvd or cd drives? or a new video card? I'm just trying to go over the basics with you but your power supply is pretty weak. If you've done some upgrades it could be overloading the PS. If not then go to compaq's website and chat with tech support. and give them all the info you have here. And one last thing. If you can afford it think about upgrading... to a whole new machine if you plan on gaming or doing anything more than browsing the web. peace

3. megalo New Member

Thanks Received:
    A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm
    Scroll down to 0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, and you'll find a few articles to check out.

I got this response from a thread at techpowered.com