1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Issues with Mic? a MB issue? OS issue?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by ASRockIQ, Nov 17, 2009.

1. ASRockIQ

ASRockIQ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, ever since i have been using Windows 7 my Mic.'s Volume is extremely low but still works but people through Steam or Left4Dead can't hear me very well. ASRock doesn't seem to have ANY Drivers for Windows 7 for my MB but the i have found those Drivers via ATI and Realtek *Latest ones anyhow. i'm not sure if it's got something to with the OS or the software or even the Drivers themselves? what actions can i take to take care of this issue? i have tried other Mics and ports and same results. with Vista i didn't have this issue.

going further... when i Hit the *Detect Audio Devices within Steam while the Mic. is being tested the volume gets abit louder and sounds fine. this is strange :banghead:
  2. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    check your audio mixing setup. that will determine whats the deal
  3. ASRockIQ

ASRockIQ New Member

Thanks Received:
    shed some light here. i plugged my Mic. to front panel and the volume is louder but the issue with the Detection at first is still happening. i have to hit the *Detect Audio Devices button in order to get a better connection or whatever. i'll try what you suggested.