1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[issue's with Windows Movie Maker] Recommend a (free) Video Editor program?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by t77snapshot, Jan 17, 2014.

1. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    Hello my fellow TPU'ers :)

I decided to try Windows Movie Maker 2012 and everything was going great until I discovered that my footage does not play all the way through. As you can see in the picture below, it stops at 1:29. When I try to add more footage to see if that changes the time, the film still ends at the same exact spot. Audio also ends at 1:29, what is the deal? I tried re-installing the program and re-importing my files with no new results. I tried converting it to both wmv and avi, still cuts off. I also tried removing the clip that gets cut to see if MM will play the whole video , but nope, it cuts off early as well. I don't get it? I hate Windows.

[​IMG]

Any idea's regarding Windows Movie Maker 2012? Or could anyone recommend another good free video editor that isn't full of freeware and junk?

Thanks for you help in advance,

T77-

Crunching for Team TPU
  2. kn00tcn

kn00tcn

Thanks Received:
    t77snapshot says thanks.
  3. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    I know your looking for free. I did for years. I finally bought Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 for $50 off of Amazon. Now its $40. After using programs like VurtualDubMod this program is a breeze to use. It even support GPU rendering and 64 bit memory profiles for its uses all 16 Gb of ram I have. It has brought sanity into my movie editing. For slightly more you can get the Suite. Its got a 'How to" button that walks you threw all kinds of stuff

4. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    Well there are a total of 5 clips and none of them exceed 40 seconds of footage, the overall length of my video is about 2 minutes. Nothing too complex, just some frame splits/trims and a couple slow motion edits. I have used the old Win Movie maker with no issues, so I assume the newer version would work fine. What am I missing here? The most annoying part is that all my clips are added and all I need is to insert the credits. This program is robbing me of just under 30 seconds from completing the film. Grrrr!

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    I can get you a MASSIVE discount on AVS video editor or I can work out a promotion for you to get a free copy.

My hubby uses it to make his gaming videos http://youtube.com/user/badashgames

t77snapshot says thanks.
  6. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Same here and bought Corel Studio. It's impossible to use without going through tutorials, but it's not bad... at least for what I was using it. $30 or so for the suite.

7. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    I love Minecraft lol!!

Yes, I am interested in AVS, it looks pretty user-friendly and I don't need much to edit my videos. I may take you up on that offer and pm for details. Thank you so much. :)

After following the link provided by kn00tcn, I found Corel Videostudio Pro X6 and used there 30 day trail program. It took me a good hour to learn how to use it, I was able to finish my video last night! It's not entirly finished as I don't know how to take a screenshot of an end-clip to make it last longer before transitioning to the next. Do you know how to do this?

kn00tcn and remixedcat say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    Sony movie studio also has a free trial. To make a section last long in SMS just grab the end a drag it out. Or CTRL+right click to make it slow motion which will also make it longer

A lot of these program are the same. I know Adobe Premier is this way

t77snapshot says thanks.