1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[issue's with Windows Movie Maker] Recommend a (free) Video Editor program?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by t77snapshot, Jan 17, 2014.

1. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    Hello my fellow TPU'ers :)

I decided to try Windows Movie Maker 2012 and everything was going great until I discovered that my footage does not play all the way through. As you can see in the picture below, it stops at 1:29. When I try to add more footage to see if that changes the time, the film still ends at the same exact spot. Audio also ends at 1:29, what is the deal? I tried re-installing the program and re-importing my files with no new results. I tried converting it to both wmv and avi, still cuts off. I also tried removing the clip that gets cut to see if MM will play the whole video , but nope, it cuts off early as well. I don't get it? I hate Windows.

[​IMG]

Any idea's regarding Windows Movie Maker 2012? Or could anyone recommend another good free video editor that isn't full of freeware and junk?

Thanks for you help in advance,

T77-

2. kn00tcn

kn00tcn

Thanks Received:
    t77snapshot says thanks.
  3. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    I know your looking for free. I did for years. I finally bought Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 for $50 off of Amazon. Now its $40. After using programs like VurtualDubMod this program is a breeze to use. It even support GPU rendering and 64 bit memory profiles for its uses all 16 Gb of ram I have. It has brought sanity into my movie editing. For slightly more you can get the Suite. Its got a 'How to" button that walks you threw all kinds of stuff

4. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    Well there are a total of 5 clips and none of them exceed 40 seconds of footage, the overall length of my video is about 2 minutes. Nothing too complex, just some frame splits/trims and a couple slow motion edits. I have used the old Win Movie maker with no issues, so I assume the newer version would work fine. What am I missing here? The most annoying part is that all my clips are added and all I need is to insert the credits. This program is robbing me of just under 30 seconds from completing the film. Grrrr!

5. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    I can get you a MASSIVE discount on AVS video editor or I can work out a promotion for you to get a free copy.

My hubby uses it to make his gaming videos http://youtube.com/user/badashgames

t77snapshot says thanks.
  6. Sasqui

Sasqui

Thanks Received:
    Same here and bought Corel Studio. It's impossible to use without going through tutorials, but it's not bad... at least for what I was using it. $30 or so for the suite.

7. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    I love Minecraft lol!!

Yes, I am interested in AVS, it looks pretty user-friendly and I don't need much to edit my videos. I may take you up on that offer and pm for details. Thank you so much. :)

After following the link provided by kn00tcn, I found Corel Videostudio Pro X6 and used there 30 day trail program. It took me a good hour to learn how to use it, I was able to finish my video last night! It's not entirly finished as I don't know how to take a screenshot of an end-clip to make it last longer before transitioning to the next. Do you know how to do this?

kn00tcn and remixedcat say thanks.
  8. Jetster

Jetster

Thanks Received:
    Sony movie studio also has a free trial. To make a section last long in SMS just grab the end a drag it out. Or CTRL+right click to make it slow motion which will also make it longer

A lot of these program are the same. I know Adobe Premier is this way

t77snapshot says thanks.