1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

iTwin USB Device

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Darksaber, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2011
  2. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Extremely good idea. I would definitely like to see it expanded to you could buy more than one and set up a whole file repository network. It could definitely use a little polishing, but iTwin definitely has a winner on its hands.
    Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  3. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    Clever idea, and good implementation!

I don't see this lasting a long time though, those connections between them would come loose after a while.
  4. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    So when I go round someone's house to fix their rig, I would just need one of these, and make my whole "Apps and Drivers" folder on my rig accessible. Would save me having to copy certain apps onto a stick and risking forgetting something vital.
    I like it.
  5. Completely Bonkers New Member

Thanks Received:
    Darksaber. You need to fix the review a little. pp2 and 3 only talk about "ends" when you mean sides, devices, etc. I think you were a bit tired when writing and forgot to proof read. :pimp: Otherwise, thanks, and interesting.

For this product, TBH, I don't get it. Yes, a nice software package that brings everything together in an easy package of hardware and software.

But couldnt this feature set be easily replicated with regular keysticks holding AES keys and encrypting software. And for remote access you could use something like PC Anywhere, Dameware Remote Control, or SynaMan. (If you dont know synaman, go here: http://web.synametrics.com/SynaMan.htm)

I answered my own question. This product is great for "retail shelves", where my alternatives are a bit too "admin skills"-ish.