1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Jelle's "Assasins Creed ( PC )" Review

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jelle Mees, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Jelle Mees

Jelle Mees New Member

Thanks Received:
    I wouldn't know how the game is played with the keyboard. I have a gamer-mouse with enough buttons. :)

2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    Nice...I don't minde 3-5 button mice, but beyond that I can't stand em' personally! So the right mix of KB/Mouse is required, that or a game controller...and what beyond the most universal controller ever? The Playstation standard controller design...the dual anaologe stick version! I have like 8-10 floating around from over the years too...so I have an abundant supply...never have had to calibrate it like PC joystick or varied PC game controllers I've tried in the past.

I guess it comes down to how users like to play the games, how they like to control the the gameplay and what they flat out prefer.

:toast:

3. psyko12

psyko12

Thanks Received:
    Nice review bro!! Well into the game :D, I wish ubi soft did the controls/combat like PoP: Warrior Within, the free form combat was awesome, imagine if Altair had that :D neway good review and m gonna start redoing missions looking for flags lmao XD, overall the game is pretty much awesome, not like other games all eye candy and stuff

4. Ripper3

Ripper3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just found it's easier to do something that then auto-saves the game for you (like, saving a citizen, or completeing part of a mission, or doing investigation, etc.), then exiting memory, jsut to be safe. Once that's done, I hit Alt + F4, hasn't messed up anything, and it quits instantly like that.

JC316 says thanks.
  5. Darknova

Darknova

Thanks Received:
    I HATED it on the 360...control layout was horrible, I STILL can't get the hang of FPS/TPS on a controller...most unnatural thing ever....and it was overly repetitive...

However...on the PC, freaking AWESOME! Graphics IMO are much better, I even get better load times and less stutters :D
    My control layout beats the 360 (Open hand LMB, Closed Hand RMB, Feet Mouse 5, Head Mouse 4 (4 is the front side button, 5 is the back)) so damn easy to use.
    I've found myself actually enjoying doing the investigations because there are new ones to find. Finding the flags and viewpoints is still ridiculously long-winded, and walking is still to SLOW. So I just end up sprinting everywhere over roof-tops, through alleys, and off tops of buildings into haystacks to lose the guards.

I'm far from stealthy this time around LOL.

6. VroomBang New Member

Thanks Received:
    Bought this game on PS3 and played a good 10 hours.

The first impression was " Oh wow": I love the costumes, the setting, the piece of history behind it, the character.

But then, I realized I was doing the same thing over and over again. The missions are almost identical from one another: climb a tower, see the updated map, go meet the informer, eavesdrop, assassinate. You don't really know why you kill your political foes, you can't really see how they can be a threat to your clan, as your chief doesn't explain much. You just kill them and just before they die, they talk to you and then the reason for killing becomes even more obscure. The problem here is that killing is fun for 2 or 3 missions, but quickly becomes boring. In other games, the setting changes, the objects you interact with are different, the reason is explained, there's more variety to it. I don't know, it's just more fun. Here, 10 hours is all I could play as I got really bored. I can't remember the last time I left a game after 10 hours due to boredom.

EDIT: great review by the way, thanks jelle mees!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  7. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Nice review :). The game is how you say and i am fairly sure there be a second considering how the game actually ended.

I was happy to find this as i don't like having to f around with to many keys to make some sorta move. This was a great thing they actually added to the game.

Graphics were good enough for me and got used to the bars st the top and bottom of the screen which i bet helped the game run better as 1/3 of the screen was missing.

All though thinking about reinstalling it and going though it again but not sure if i will end up completing it again though.

8. ShogoXT

ShogoXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nice review, but have any of you seen how to turn AA on with 1920x1200 res? I cant seem to do that, even force it with the driver. :(

9. MikeJeng

MikeJeng New Member

Thanks Received:
    It's funny, because I have to hold down 3 buttons to sprint.

10. Megasty New Member

Thanks Received:
    I can't play it with a kb & mouse at all. The pov is a pos with it. When I sprint with the kb for longer than 3 seconds the pov would turn towards the sky then straight down. Playing with a logitech dual action is 1000x better & it makes fighting ridiculously easy. I never even died once while using the gamepad & it made me completely trigger happy as a result :D

11. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    There was a point were i did think AAH CRAP and would of doomed the game completely for me. Which was a part near to just starting the game leaving the 1st town. A group of soldiers that i decided to pick on. Attack and run and to find only one guy was chasing me each and EVRY time.

I was happier later as i used that tatic and to find 8+ of them chasing me loool.

12. -Skream- New Member

Thanks Received:
    good game but very repetitive.