1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

John Carmack on DX10 and Quakewars

Discussion in 'Games' started by Scheich, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Scheich

Thanks Received:
    GI: Are you planning on adopting DX10 for Quake Wars?

Carmack: Not for Quake Wars, for sure. It has come up as a question for our internal development projects, and we weren’t even expecting to ask that question. There’s no massive pull for me for DX10. It would be more a question of if we don’t think we’re going to get done until Vista is broadly adopted, it might just save us development and support things to say it’s a DX10 game--but there’s no huge thing where we’re dying to use any particular DX10 feature. It would just more be a question about practically, is the market there where we can write off everything else? Quake Wars is definitely not DX10.

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200701/N07.0109.1737.15034.htm?Page=1

Nice to know..

2. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    Carmack's ability to speak is becoming quiet laboured. He's lost his eloquence.

3. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
    Heh, that's ok by me @ least: I just like to read this guy's take on things, mainly because his company IDSoftware produces the games I have been a true "fanboy" of since they did work for Wolf3d (for Apogee), all the way thru the entire DOOM & QUAKE series.

* Thanks for the link for the read by the by... off to check it, now.

APK

4. Grings

Grings New Member

Thanks Received:
    hmm, thats him and gabe newell that have spoke badly of the ps3 now...