1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Joystick problems..

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by TechnicalFreak, Apr 4, 2009.

1. I have a strange "problem" with my Thrustmaster TopGun Afterburner 2 joystick.
    The problem is when I for an example play H.A.W.X. it suddenly switches off the assistance mode, or fires the missiles by itself. It even switches targets randomly. I have tried everything so far, from updating the mobo drivers and DirectX.

Don't ask me why it started to behave like this, it just started one day. I haven't tested it with DCX9 yet (no fly zone mission) or any other game.

However, it responds normaly (no jerky motions or similar).

Oh, and btw it's an USB joystick.

2. Anyone??

3. blobster21

blobster21

Thanks Received:
    typically a poorly programmed gamepad support is causing your problem.

Gamepad acting on its own ? i've had a similar problem in the past with MOHA airborne and had to quit playing it : sad, simple but true

4. Thanks, i solved it. It was a button that was stuck (signal on all the time). Changed it to an industrial omron switch instead. First I actually thought it was as everyone else said on HAWX forums "It's your mic, it's enabled/active in the voice command menu". Strange.. I don't even have a mic. :wtf:

Does your gamepad still work? What brand/model is it??