1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Jumping load during BF3 7870 ?

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by StanMen, Jan 2, 2013.

1. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello every one, i play BF3 and many other havy games, and i wold like to know one thing if this is normal or this is any problem or what ?

So the thing is, i was playing BF3 and at mid game i just minimize the game and open the GPU-Z and i was looking at sensors, and my sistem is right there at my profile you can see that i got AMD Phenom II x4 960T and right now this cpu have OC to 3.4Ghz and two day a go i change my GTX 480 FTW to HD AMD 7870 2Gb Ghz Edit, stock speeds are 1000 and 1200 so i OC to 1200 and 1375 acording real AMD benchmarcks and OC potential this is safe oc and with it my card perform as 660Ti and even better, so i turned on back game and was playing a while stessing my hardware in game, i watch my CPU and GPU and i notice my CPU @ 30-50% and my GPU Load around 85%-78% @ about 56C-54C, then it will suddenly go down to 34%-65% GPU Load and everything will resolt in low fps like from 60 down to 45-39fps, then it climbs back up and everthing runs normal, what can be this ? some guys told my that this Phenom II bottlenaking my 7870 :/

Help, oh and today is last day of this Phenom II x4 caus i got my FX 6300! hope this cpu will make diference !
  2. AlienIsGOD

AlienIsGOD

Thanks Received:
    just put the 6300 in and then try BF 3 again and see if you notice it still happening. Also, BF 3 loves more than 4 GB of ram, try to pick up an 8 GB kit as BF 3 will benefit from it.
    StanMen says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. DarkOCean

DarkOCean

Thanks Received:
    on top of that big mountain on mars(Romania)
    Also bf3 loves many cores cpus;).
    @op - just stick the new cpu in.
    StanMen says thanks.
  4. Widjaja

Widjaja

Thanks Received:
    Set your GPU at stock and try out the game.
    Lack of RAM does cause slowdowns and as mentioned BF3 wants more than 4GB of RAM.

With a CPU bottle neck you will of course notice your card not pulling the FPS you would expect it to besides noticing FPS decrease in busy areas.
    You will only know if it is a CPU bottleneck on your GPU once you install the new CPU.

So do it and report back.
    StanMen says thanks.
  5. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hey bro i did that, i test it but with my Phenom II x4 960t caus at local stor the FX 6300 is out of stock so now i'm waiting when the FX 6300 will be in stock to get it, i allrady got my $$ for it :)

Now about the test of this strange loads yha it stil do the same but at stock speeds is beter :D at stock speeds it go up to 99% and then do that drops :/ dno but the grafic card looks like is oky caus i did run the test on GPU-Z see if the gpu go up to 99% 100% and it did with no problems all volts all temps of PCB and gpu are oky idle 24c load 56c, i also did benchmarck with haven 3.0 and i score with tesselation at normal 4x AA with antistrophic 16x with all higt max reso my score was 2000pts :) dno if this is good score :eek:

Thanks and i just want to know way this is happning wen i play bf3 or any game my gpu loads going like that ? caus in tests and bench and testing my load on GPU-z is also oky stay at 99% :)

I think is a CPU causing this but i will get my FX 6300 and then i will see ! hope its going be oky :D
  6. StanMen New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yha bud, i will try to get 12Gb i just need one kit with 8Gb kit or for now i just go and grab one 2Gb kit is about 18.90 $ Kingston Genesis 1600 CL9 1.65V :)

caus wen i was playing BF3 i did run of GPU-z at background and then i minimize game and wen i was looking at mem load it show me 1256mb and my card have 2Gb so i'm oky for high reso play x) but my sistem yhaa this is a difrent story i got only 4Gb :/ so yes need more ram!

i will post some pics of my sistem.
  7. Jack1n

Thanks Received:
    I dont know where every one got this funny idea but BF3 only uses 2 Threads total.