1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Just a quick vista question..

Discussion in 'General Software' started by psyko12, Aug 28, 2008.

1. psyko12

psyko12

Thanks Received:
    Am sorry but I don't really know what this feature is called. I'll describe it the best way I can.
    Here's the scenario:

While opening a folder with alot of Avi, mp3 files, the windows explorer address bar gets a highlight or like a loading bar scrolling until it is filled up, as that bar progresses, it takes a while to show all the folders and files inside that directory.

Is there a way to optimize that or disable that show that it'll speed up displaying the contents of that specific folder?

I'm sorry wasn't able to describe it properly, but I did the best I can.. Plus I don't know what name of the feature it is so I wasn't able to get a good google result...

Hope some advanced vista users here give me some tips/advice/opinion.

Thanks,
    Psyk~

EDIT: oh another quick question, how come it also randomly stops using the minimize and maximize, windows animation effects?
  2. spud107

spud107

Thanks Received:
    disable video/thumbnail preview?
    Click on the Start button, then on All Programs, follow by Accessories.
    Run Windows Explorer.
    In Windows Explorer window, click on Organize button on the menu/shortcut bar.
    In the pull down menu, click on Folder and Search Options.
    Folder Options dialog window will appear. Click on View tab.
    Under the Files and Folders tree heading, check (tick) the checkbox next to Always show icons, never thumbnails option.
    Click the OK button.
    GREASEMONKEY and psyko12 say thanks.
  3. psyko12

psyko12

Thanks Received:
    THANKY YOU VERY MUCH!!! hehe, never figured that one out myself, been trying for ages lmao!! Thankyou man!!!

As for my 2nd query, the minimizing, window effects randomly not working, i found some tip that it was related to video card drivers? I'm using the ones on guru3d.