1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Just bought a new toy

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by Snipermonkey2, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Snipermonkey2

Snipermonkey2

Thanks Received:
  2. Snipermonkey2

Snipermonkey2

Thanks Received:
    Thats pure sexyness

3. B1gg3stN00b

B1gg3stN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    That's not actually mine. I don't have a camera (though I'd love one), but mine's British Racing Green with a creme pinstripe.

I'd love getting a random number in a creme circle on the side, haha!

4. Snipermonkey2

Snipermonkey2

Thanks Received:
  5. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Hmmmm,...and looks remarkably like a 1993 Taurus.

Attached Files:

6. B1gg3stN00b

B1gg3stN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
  7. Snipermonkey2

Snipermonkey2

Thanks Received:
    Except the body is rounded and isn't made by a company that makes piss poor cars.

8. B1gg3stN00b

B1gg3stN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    *hifive!*

Though Ford had just taken Jag over for the '91s :(

Still blows away most other cars.

They should run them in Nascar!

Snipermonkey2 says thanks.
  9. Snipermonkey2

Snipermonkey2

Thanks Received:
    Ma Nascar is lame

10. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    not with a good driver, ive seen track racing before where a 68 Charger won, the driver was liberal with his handbrake, very liberal, and he let the rear end do the steering. My friend with his 68 SS does street racing around here, point racing with it, and ive seen him win alot with it, the one and only time i saw him loose was racing his car was when BMW M3 showed up that the dude dropped 200k into, that smoked him, though he came in 9s behind the BMW the rest of the cars where nearly 30s behind him. That BMW just took corners without really slowing down.

11. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    can't run in NASCAR, the car has to be made in America to run in NASCAR, to be NASCAR means to be a domestic car, and im still pissed they let toyota in, so what if there cars are made over here, its still a forigen POS in my book. Also a JAG would have no chance agasint those cars, they arn't built for that type of driving, NASCAR has 4 turns and 2 straight aways, the jag could hang the turns with them, but the straigt aways it would loose, a jag is not the best idea for a straight away

12. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Just giving you a little shit. I actually used to own an import car parts shop (Audi, air and water cooled VW's, Air cooled Porsche's) and found them to be exceptionally engineered.
    And it seems Audi has that, once you buy one, you will buy another factor,... ie good cars.
    I need to get into my storage and sell some parts on e-bay. I wonder what an original German old-stock set of 1200cc jugs and pistons for a 1959 type-1 VW would bring these days?

13. B1gg3stN00b

B1gg3stN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    Eh, Toyota's factory keeps the entire central Kentucky region afloat, and the plant and the related plants around it give thousands of people jobs. I have nothing against Toyota, without them, my area would be nothing.

And with the same modifications done to the American cars done to the Jag, the Jag would destroy it. It tops out in the upper 170s stock, whereas a Thunderbird or Monte Carlo...

Pretty far behind.

14. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    ever seen those limited edition cars where say 200-300 are made thats so that excat same car can go to NASCAR, look at the biggest badest engines offered in that particular car, and you just found what the NASCAR's are running. Also you'd be a fool to go 170 on a NASCAR track, a damn fool. As for the modifications the cars have to be stock compared to the car its based on, if Factory car A has suspion B then NASCAR A has suspension B, pretty much if JAG did get into NASCAR they'd have to do what everyone else does, make a special limited car with over 200 models sold publicly of the same configuration that they want to race.

15. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    440's don't stock at 800hp. Not even close.

And that 900hp SS wouldn't win on any track that has a lot of tight corners, like Laguna Seca, for instance. The 454 is a big heavy pig that will do nothing but throw the entire car out of balance. It will simply be too front heavy to accomplish any amount of real braking or cornering ability.

And if you spent the same amount of money on both the Audi, and the Muscle car, and put the same driver behind the wheel, the Audi would win on a proper race track, but lose in the drag in 90% of the cases. There will always be exceptions to the rule, but solid rear axle cars simple can't corner as well as IRS cars.

If muscle cars are such great race cars, why did the 5 cylinder turbo Audis of the 80's absolutely dominate the WRC, to the point where they changed the rules to limit power production and level the playing field? They even dominated on the tarmac races. Why didn't anybody campaign any muscle cars? I'll tell you why, they can't be built to handle as well, without single handedly re-engineering the entire chassis.

That's not at all true anymore. They all have to fit the same mold now. The chassis is generic across the board, with only different stickers. The only thing that truly differs now is the drivetrains. And even those are limited to strictly OHV 2 valve per cylinder 352CI designs.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  16. B1gg3stN00b

B1gg3stN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, and if based off the XJS platform, with the same engine modifications done to the V8 cars in Nascar, done to the XJS's 6.0L V12 (shame they don't make em anymore), the Jaguar with it's newly added high performance racing components would probably spank them.

As previously stated, Euro cars typically handle an assload better too.

Anyways, the XJS engine is probably too big to be legal in Nascar anyways.

But yeah, great pick on the Audi, fucking incredible vehicles they are. One of my friends has a TTS running 650hp at the wheels.

It's amazing, but nothing compared to his dad's Gallardo, rich bastard.

17. SK-1

SK-1

Thanks Received:
    I would stay tight with that friend :D:D

18. Cuzza

Cuzza New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm sure it will. But it could go 300mph won't make me like it. Just my opinion.

I do like that Jag though!

19. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    not 800HP sitting in the car, there was a speical on TV a few months back talking about the 3 greatest muscle car engines from the diffrent manufactures, 440 Six Pack, 454, and Boss 351. The found out the 440 will output 800HP at flywheel, the 454 does around 650, and the 351 does about 600hp. At the rear wheels this would amount to around 600-650 for the 69 Dodge Charger R/T though it wasnt rated that high do to insurance costs ect for having that kind of power. As for how a muscle car preforms on a track build it right and it will, ive seen muscle cars corner great, and as for the 68 SS its not front heavy, y you ask, he keeps a the block of a cracked 454 in the back along with the busted heads, in the trucnk just to balance it out. The car isnt his daily driver, it isnt street leagal, the blower sits to high on the hood obscuring his vision in the middle of the road, straight pipe so no power lost to muffler. Just a few things he did to it. His method of cornering is to turn the wheels opposite of where he wants to go, pull the E-Brake and let the rear wheels turn him, let off and cut the wheels the other way and floor it.

20. B1gg3stN00b

B1gg3stN00b New Member

Thanks Received:
    Believe me, I am.

They have a FLEET of Porsches.

His dad owns some major business in Ohio.

21. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    No, they don't put 800 to the engine dyno either. The rating system was completely different back then. They rated engines in gross horsepower, not net horsepower. And they didn't use weather correction factors. An 800hp engine from back then would amount to about 600hp by today's rating system, if that.

And I call BS on your buddies Camaro handling better than the Audi. There is no way with 2000lbs of engine in the car. And drifting isn't the fastest way around a track. If the track had really long straightaways, then maybe, otherwise, the audi will stomp it.

22. yogurt_21

yogurt_21

Thanks Received:
    true, track racing goes to imports, drag racing goes to muscle cars. all end up getting ticked by the same damn cop lol.

23. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Im not a big import fan but thats a nice looking car. Nice choice. However I wouldnt be so quick to judge American cars. There seems to be several threads involving the same damn people (me included) in the same debate. So Im going to start a new thread so you dont get thread jacked! :toast: Also I like the red!

Snipermonkey2 says thanks.
  24. Snipermonkey2

Snipermonkey2

Thanks Received:
    Oh I am not going off saying they are a waste just that it would be a cold day in hell a muscle car out does a audi in a tight track. My motor can be built up to be able to do drag racing too. I have seen RS2's that run 9sec 1/4 miles and 8sec 1/2 miles.

25. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Youd be surprised. :D

Anyways if youd like go here.....
    Domestic vs. Import