1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

just bought a trendnet wireless n router

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by Easy Rhino, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    as i mentioned a couple of weeks ago i am not happy with my linksys wrt54g router that ive had for a number of years. i typically get a solid connection but the transfer speeds from computer to computer on the network lag. there is also a known issue with the PS3 and uPNP that linksys and sony know about but have not solved the problem. so i bought the TRENDnet TEW-633GR

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833156226

from newegg for 99 bucks and it comes with a free 8 gig flasg drive. that is a good deal considering the router goes for about 140 and the flash drive is another 25-30 bucks. once i get it setup in a few days ill let you guys know if it truly fixes my problems. if you have never heard of trendnet they are a reliable brand used a lot in industrial settings.

2. mrhuggles

mrhuggles

Thanks Received:
    if it doesnt you might consider going a more powerfull route, openWRT + X-Wrt its kind of a "real linux" solution, mine never crashes, the only downtime its had was when the power was out. infact people get years uptime no problem, and X-Wrt is pretty easy to config, and there are lots of people to help with it