1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Just bought this.

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Solaris17, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
  2. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtXâ„¢

Thanks Received:
    and then......

yogurt_21 says thanks.
  3. Solaris17

Solaris17 Creator Solaris Utility DVD

Thanks Received:
    honestly i was doing some thinking...im curious as to how physx will operate. you see lucid boards are NOT SLI certified. as such im wondering how physx will work....physx has nothing to do with SLI but the lucid chip controls load balancing between the cards. so wouldn't that mean even though I might select card 2 in the NVCP that the physx algorithms will be balanced by the hydra chip anyway? its interesting to think about. The lucid site says that it balances the load and rebuilds the image. but physx isnt exactly an image is it? That might seem like an obvious "no it wont do anything for physx" but hydra works by intercepting dx and ogl calls. while physx isnt necessarily "seen" it still affects the output image so I cant help but wonder if the hydra chip will try to load balance the physx calls i mean if im thinking correctly they would be indistinguishable from normal outputs. The problem is I dont have a good idea on how I would test that. This whole issue stems from the thought that I will be running 2 of the same nvidia cards for SLI. in this particular case 2x pny GTX260's until i get my 2 460's in jan.