1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Just Cause 2 Question.....

Discussion in 'Games' started by DEFEATEST, Jun 8, 2010.

1. DEFEATEST

DEFEATEST

Thanks Received:
    Hey Guys, does anyone know if you can use mounted guns in vehicles? I mean for the life of me I cant figure out how to use a mounted machine gun in any vehicle. Seems sill that you couldn't use them. Awesome game by the way, a totally great way to blow away hours just having fun.

thanks

Def
  2. mdsx1950

mdsx1950 New Member

Thanks Received:
    You can use the mounted guns on the black market vehicles. To use in other vehicles you gotta go to stunt mode and move to mounted gun. You can't drive and shoot unless you are in a black market vehicle.
  3. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Yes, you can. You got to get on the roof of the vehicle and push the button to move towards the gun to use it.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    as they said, you just jump on top and walk towards the gun and you get in - you dont change from the drivers seat to the gun at the push of a button.
  5. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    Can I also ask a JustCause 2 question? :D Is this game any good?
  6. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Story is really really short, but there is just an absolute shit load of other things to do that can keep you busy forever. I got bored pretty quickly after finishing the story though, so I would say it is good if you pick it up on sale, but I wouldn't pay full price for it.
    Bjorn_Of_Iceland says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  7. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Just Cause was better, in my opinion. I liked assualting towns and what not. Blowing up the same stuff in different locations gets dull after a while.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  8. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    I've had a blast with it. Although not played the main mission to it just side missions and collecting stuff for upgrades and that alone has passed 50+ hours.

My main greaf with the game is the handling of the cars\bikes although it's better than it was in the 1st one it still needs work. In the end i look forward to JC3.

Worth it ? well imo with spending 50+ hours ( not playing it on easy though ) playing it i would have to say yes but i can see a lot of reasons people would not like it. Helps some if you have a xbox controller to as it makes driving easier which is some thing they got so right as you can switch from controler to keyboard\mouse without any adjustment and just swap as you please.

Sad to hear the main missions short :(. Although had plenty of fun hours doing other stuff. I've enjoyed it more than games like AC. A lot of games don't give that kinda time and shame you got bored of it but i can see why you did.
  9. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    Well I enjoyed GTA4 and EFLC (means sandbox doesnt detter me), but did NOT enjoy RedFaction Guerilla and FarCry2 (both are high rated games from review sites, but really is just good in the start).. Is there a chance JustCause2 will be lame on my pov?

Still is not on discounted price here on the local store.. dont want to waste cash.
  10. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    i enjoyed JC2 - i did not enjoy GTA IV, RF: G or FC2.
  11. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    JC2 has a lot in common with FC2 (namely, the repetition). I'd say you probably won't like it much.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  12. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    I loved GTA too. Driving and stuff rules in GTA were it don't in JC2 and the physics are not as good in JC2 but JC2 runs hell load better and if you get creative with the game you have plenty to do.

I made JC2 easier by hitting airports around the map so i could get planes so it was easier to get to were i wanted as driving a car 20km can get a little boring( although ya can have fun on the way find pickups that you need though ). Thats why i hope JC3 steps up were JC2 fails which is driving controls. JC2 looks much better than GTA 4 too.

I am enjoying JC2 hell load more than RFG hell load more. I did like RFG but i really like blowing the crap out of every thing in JC2 you have to watch out more as you may get hit by whats falling lol.

Sorry to say JC2 pawns RFG and JC2 has been a much more stable game in fact it could not be more stable and it runs great @ 1920x1080 4AA every thing else max.. RFG totally different buggy as hell did not like me going in menu's then playing as it crash and ran like crap compered to JC2.

FC2 o make me laugh any more ya kill me what a lame ass game that is and how dare you compere it to JC2.
  13. Stak New Member

Thanks Received:
    somehow i can't install gta 4 anymore PLS HELP and JC2 kick ass :D you wont complete it in 2 years 24/7 (at least i wont :()
  14. dr emulator (madmax)

dr emulator (madmax)

Thanks Received:
    if you make a new thread in the Games section someone might be able to help ;)
  15. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    There's really only three differences: In FC2 there is fire, FC2 is FPS while JC2 is TPS, and JC2 has the ability to fly (glide and fall). Beyond that, you're pretty much just shooting stuff in both games. FC2 wins on plot because JC2 only has like 7 plot missions.

JC takes the cake from both of them. At least it was worth taking over every settlement (Anaconda FTW!).
    Crunching for Team TPU
  16. Mussels

Thanks Received:
    at least in JC2 you can blow up a village/base 100% and the enemy stop respawning... unlike FC2. QUICK HE TURNED AROUND TELEPORT SOME REINFORCEMENTS IN
    AsRock says thanks.
  17. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    You forgot the grapple hook. That you can attach people to you car or use it to throw people over a bridge or of a building and use it to clime one to stuff and hover around the map using the grapple hook to give you momentum or attach things to your car so you can run people over with it and use it for quick getaway and hi jack a car or rip some one of a bike.

So true. Now there's a game killer lame ass spawns.
  18. DEFEATEST

DEFEATEST

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the help guys! I'm having a blast playing this game. More so than GTA4 for sure.
  19. trickson

trickson OH, I have such a headache

Thanks Received:
    Aside from what others have said about the game , I feel it was and still is far better than crysis true DX11 the best eye candy I have seen in any game and I just love going around shooting things up , Flying around in the air taking out cars while doing killer stunts !

I haven't even played Crysis or Crysis war head since I got this game just a better game all around .