1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Just Cause 2

Discussion in 'Games' started by EastCoasthandle, Feb 25, 2010.

1. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

Game: Just Cause 2
    DLC: None as of yet
    Release date:NA March 23, 2010
    ..................EU March 26, 2010
    Video
    DEMO: March 4, 2010 (available now)
    System Recommended:
    • Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista or Windows 7 (Windows XP is unsupported)
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6GHz or AMD Phenom X3 2.4GHz
    • Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 Series with 512MB / ATI Radeon HD 5750 Series with 512MB or equivalent DX10 card with 512MB memory
    • Memory: 3GB
    • DirectX: Microsoft DirectX 10.1 with Vista SP1
    • Hard Drive: 10GB of free drive space
    • Optical Drive: DVD-ROM drive
    • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible Dolby Digital 5.1 sound card
    • Internet Connection: Internet connection required for product activation
    • Input: Keyboard and mouse (Xbox 360 controller optional)

Summary:
    Just Case 2 is a 3rd person, single player open world, sandbox game. It takes place in a fictional island of Panau which appears based on Hawaii and New Zealand. You play as Rico Rodriguez who's objective is to eliminate a dictator and kills his former boss. This game will feature several new weapons from Just Case, about 100 vehicles (land, sea and air) and the use of a dual grappling hook that will not only repeal your character but can also be used as a offensive and defensive weapon.

This game will feature a real time deformed system and moving parts can be found on objects like vehicle, etc. Just Cause 2 will also feature something called a "adaptive difficulty system". This system will gradually scaling the difficulty based on the player's ability in the game.

In all this game appears to be more interesting then Just Cause.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
    Soylent Joe and DRDNA say thanks.
  2. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I been keeping my eye on this, I liked the 1st, wasn't an amazing game, but the idea was cool, with the new platforms it should be capable of a lot. Dont forget though, this is not just coming to PC, also going to PS3 and 360.

3. PVTCaboose1337

PVTCaboose1337 Graphical Hacker

Thanks Received:
    The first was OK, nothing great. I had fun tethering to helicopters and stuff. Maybe 2 will be better. I probably won't pick it up.

4. Asylum

Asylum

Thanks Received:
    3rd person,That killed it right there.

5. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    the first was third as well wasn't it? maybe an option? because I remember playing it in third.

anyway.... i liked it. looking forward to this one :)

6. Champ

Champ

Thanks Received:
    Hell, Gears Of War and Uncharted pulled it off;), maybe they can

7. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Oh noez! You have to kill that CIA cool cat ("former boss")!?! :(

Virtually all sandbox games are third person. Just Cause wasn't an exception.

I liked the first one. Sure it wasn't grade A material because it did get pretty repetitive taking over town after town after town but it was still good fun.

Crunching for Team TPU
  8. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    Might try a demo first, if ever there will be one ;)

9. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Ya, because its 3rd person the game is probably gonna suck.:shadedshu:confused:

fail.

10. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    This game simply wouldnt work in 3rd person, you tether to way to many object, unless you want to be sick, I couldn't have the camera flopping around that much. GTA IV is 3rd person, and thats an amazing game.

11. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Must have one of the weakest stomach in the world.:laugh:

The first Just Cause was fine in 3rd person. Very fun attaching to objects, but overall the game did lack in pretty much everything else.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  12. gumpty

gumpty

Thanks Received:
    Are there lots of sheep running around?

And Hobbits?

13. animal007uk

Thanks Received:
    # Internet Connection: Internet connection required for product activation.

Why do they keep doing this? Not everyone has the internet but might still want to buy this game, and its unfair that people should have to mess about activating there product on somone elses pc. < security risk if you ask me.

Shame because the game sounds pretty good but i will not buy it just for the fact it needs online activation.

14. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    even if it says internet required they put the manual activation option there. I have yet to see it not exist at all, on a single player game. first time for everything though.

that being said - i agree. it's ridiculous. but I keep buying them anyway soo.....

15. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, I've just read that this game will also support DX10.1, nice!

El_Mayo says thanks.
  16. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  17. wahdangun

wahdangun New Member

Thanks Received:
    wow, can't wait to try the demo, SE really rock

18. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    That doesn't make sense. Xbox 360 has a DX9 renderer and we have to assume Just Cause 2 is a port from Xbox360 again. Why would they pump extra effort into DX10 and remove what is already there? I wouldn't say it is impossible that they decided to focus on DirectX10 but that's 40-50% of your potential customers gone just like that.

Crunching for Team TPU
  19. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    It appears that they believe this game will be popular enough to warrant an OS upgrade.

20. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    well no... there really aren't as many people sticking to XP. it still is most popular on Steam survey for example, but down to 40% compared to it staying around 70 when vista was released.

not saying 40 is not a significant percentage, by anyone's account it should be - but that's jsut one source and Steam is still most used by the CS:S crowd, which id be surprised if more than 20% were past xp.

it's a decade old. it still works but it simply isn't the best option now that 7 is released.

i know 7 costs... a lot... of money. but if we are willing to spend $50 on a game, a few hundred on the OPERATING SYSTEM is theoretically reasonable. I still hate the price tag....

21. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Windows 7 won't be around for long. It's just the consumer version of Server 2008 R2 (Vista with a few GUI tweaks).

And no, most people won't upgrade their OS because of a game. Upgrade OS 90% of the time (especially from XP) means getting a new computer (because there is no Vista/7 drivers for a lot of XP devices).

Look at the DX10 only games out so far like Halo 2, Shadowrun, and Stormrise. All were deemed failures, relatively. The market moves to new standards when it wants to--not before.

Crunching for Team TPU
  22. 1Kurgan1

Thanks Received:
    Not really, I was using it as extreme example, like "I could see that 1000 miles away", something that isn't true, but an exaggeration of the truth to make a point.

And by that I mean, theres so much to swing off in that game, your not always facing straight up, rotating 360 degree in a FPS is common, in that game it's common to tether around jets and planes, which would switch your vertical view upside down back and forth while your flipping around. Would be like playing shattered horizon with gravity (which would be much faster action) and would not be the easiest on the eyes.

23. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    Who's pre-ordering?

24. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Exactly, just like my same over exaggeration with ''the weakest stomach in the world'' bit.

I see what you're saying, but its not like the planes/jets are actually doing much in the air(besides a few sharp turns and dives). In the first Just Cause i remember attaching to a lot of planes/jets and it was pretty subtle at most times, it's not like they're doing front flips and barrel rolls all over the place. Now yes of course it would seem easier if it was an FPS, where you are essentially the camera hence making it much easier for you to maintain a better view, that all makes sense. But i'm not seeing much of an issue in terms of the camera, it's probably a matter of perspective. Now i haven't played Just Cause in a long while(besides the fun in attaching to objects, the game lacks in a lot of areas), so maybe that's why i'm not seeing it in the same light.

25. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    The thought crossed my mind but being ripped off by Mass Effect 2, I think I'll wait and see.

Third person allows for better situational awareness. I don't know how many times I got leveled by something behind me in FPS. It never happens in TPS because you got a fraction of a second to see what is behind you without looking behind you.

FPS is more or less going the way of the Dodo bird. Almost all new franchises are TPS. The only new FPS games are those continuing an already established franchise.

phanbuey says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU