1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Just got new toys! Intel SSD, HDD 2TB, K60 KB

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by n-ster, Jun 15, 2012.

1. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    Hopefully I dont regret my purchases! Until now, I had 2 x Vertex 2 50+60 gb in RAID0 and 2 x 1 TB Seagate 7200.12

Now I'm adding an Intel 520 240gb and a 2TB Seagate. I'm debating about stopping the RAIDs and just use them as normal drives. I got the SSD at 300$, did I overpay?

I also got the K60 mechanical to test it against my TT mechanical. Hopefully its more comfortable for gaming

I also got an H60 because it was super cheap... but my next build needs to be reliable, I ain't putting cheap water, only air, so its a backup? (nvm oos, so didnt get it)

I just blew 500$ 470$ that I shouldn't have... so I wanted to share :D If anyone wants benches of some kind, lmk

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  2. happita

happita

Thanks Received:
    That is a nice setup, I have a similar setup, but with a 750gb HDD for my storage..

You got a pretty good deal on that Intel SSD for sure. The speed will be about the same as when you had those Vertex SSDs + or - some.

Don't know much about Corsair's cooling solutions, but I heard they are pretty good. But for me, it's air...I like it that way :)

And last but not least...mechanical keyboards are the way to go ;)

Have fun with that build

n-ster says thanks.
  3. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You seem to make alot of purchases you don't need, then ask about them after the fact. Strange way to go about it.

n-ster says thanks.
  4. n-ster

Thanks Received:

yep :eek: I did a bit of research, was satisfied with it and bought it. It was something I WANTED to do as I upgraded everything but my PSU and HDDs, and my PSU I love, so I wanted to get new storage. Saw somewhat of a good deal on the K60 keyboard and on the 2TB seagate so I decided to get an SSD as well. Plus since its not shipped, I can always cancel lol