• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Just installed W7 pro

• Thread starter Deleted member 67555
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 67555

Well i got it off the MSDN-AA site for my gaming/school PC ($19 gets you 4 OS keys and like 18 other general software keys yay) anyways I thought I would post a few things about it, and feel free to correct this post or add your experiences with it as well...
First off, I noticed it's neither as stable or as snappy as W7 ultimate RC, I am not sure why as I have tested the W7 Rc's and have not had the same issues... Firefox seems to always be one click away from a crash, Boot time seems off slightly slower, Control panel seems a bit limited as you only have category view-no classic view. Media center is awesome Way to go MS-except this is the RTM version and no Netflix still- that may change by it's official release date though.Windows Easy Transfer completely skipped all media except PICS it left behind all my music,movies and games-I did not expect it to install my games but i did expect it to transfer the zipped internet downloads of my games and it left my saved game files except for my "games for windows"...Microsoft Live One Care is not and will not be compatible with any version of W7-WTF- XP compatibility is so far HORRIFIC:shadedshu as I have had zero success with any XP programs even those that are XP x64-but it is stated that xp mode is for productivity software..
So far that's it for the negatives.. I will add to this as i progress with it
add whatever you like to this post:rockout:
After crashing Call of Duty WaW 4 times in a row I did a little searching and found this advice "Disable ACC" it worked and firefox is not crashing it booted really quick hmmmm...
I think ACC was my problem..

Last edited by a moderator:

DrPepper

The Doctor is in the house
System Name Rusky
Processor Intel Core i7 D0 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T
Cooling Thermaltake Dark Knight
Memory 12GB Patriot Viper's 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX470 1280MB
Storage OCZ Summit 60GB + Samsung 1TB + Samsung 2TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos L32X20E 1920 x 1080
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Power Supply Corsair 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
Never knew a win7 pro existed at all.

I thought it was:
Ultimate/Enterprise
Business
Home Premium
Basic