1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Just upgraded Hardware again... Posting pics...

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by 20mmrain, Aug 10, 2010.

1. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    Just upgraded Hardware again... Posting pics...please feel free to leave comments. But I needed a place to keep track of my upgrades. And since my computer is my on going project... I thought here would be a great place for a diary.

Went from

i5 750 @ 4Gh
    MSI P55-GD65
    Corsair XMS 3 1600Mhz @1600Mhz
    Corsair 750TX
    Corsair H50
    Western Digital 300Gig Raptor
    2x Western Digital 500Gig Black Caviar
    1x Asus 5850 CU
    1x HIS 5850 Reference
    CM Sniper Black Edition

to

Every thing the same but changed to 2x EVGA GTX 470's
    (They Ran way to hot for my tastes Plus I benched them enough Time to switch)

New System with Pics....
    i5 750 @ 4Ghz
    EVGA P55 SLI
    Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz
    Corsair 850HX
    2x Patriot 64GB Warp V2 SSD Raid -0 Effective 128Gb
    1x Western Digital 500 GB Black Caviar
    2x EVGA GTX 460 768 MB Super Clocked @ 850/1700/2000 (Playing clocks Benching clocks past 900Mhz)
    CM Sniper Black Edition
    CM Hyper 212+ HSF With Delta Fans

Here are pics.... (I wish I still had pics of my last rigs... wiped them off with new install of Windows 7.. that's why I am starting this.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope this is an acceptable place to post these. If I am in the wrong area.... please Moderator's let me know.

Attached Files:

2. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    Nice setup man, how you liking that CM Hyper? Pretty fair temps from a 'budget' cooler huh.

3. JATownes

JATownes

Thanks Received:
    Looks very nice. Excellent cable managment and nice lighting. :toast:

4. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Is that bottom fan on the case an intake or an exhaust?

5. Phxprovost

Phxprovost Xtreme Refugee

Thanks Received:
    looks very clean, nice job

6. EiSFX

Thanks Received:
    I can tell by looking at it the bottom fan is a intake

7. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    You would think that would pull a lot of dust.

8. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    Actually yes I love that cooler..... I had the Corsiar H50 for awhile.... but honestly.... I am getting the same results and actually lower idles with this cooler than the H50. I am considering taking the H70 through it's paces when that comes out.

But for right now I am in love with this HSF !!!

Thanks bud.... it will be getting even better in not too long. I am planning on getting the individually sleeved cable extensions. I am not sure what color I should go with..... Any thoughts? But thanks bud.... I have worked very hard on keeping it clean :)

Yes it is an intake..... Also my PSU.... is pointing down as well. Both of those should be causing a lot of dust. The bottom fan should be causing it in the System and the PSU fan should cause it in the PSU.

But it doesn't.

You know why???? Well my Grandfather was a carpenter..... and he made me a little stand to mount my computer on..... here give me a second I will take pics.

It actually is a great idea!!! I even have cat's and nope no problems.... I just use a little canned air now and then and my case stays very clean. I haven't fully un installed everything for a cleaning ever. Not even when I upgraded.... so as you can see my case stays very clean.

Try making a stand like this it will help out allot!!!

I also want to add that I am considering hiding that bottom fan. If I wasn't so dependent on cool air I probably would... What is any one opinion on hiding the fan in between the Bottom Bezel and the bottom of the case? Do you think it would restrict my air flow allot?

The First 2 pics are of that stand I was telling you about.... it is really simple to make. I think anyone could. Mine is just cool looking because it's black :)

[​IMG]

BTW In this pic you can also see my Mod Fan on the side panel. I added that.

[​IMG]

This last pic.... is of my computer area..... My Desk My main Rig and My Parts area. Yes Guys the whole tool box is full of High end Computer parts..... And that is not all of them either Stop Drooling. (LOL I know I do every time I look at it.)
    The other stuff you can't see in the pics are the 42 inch flat screen that is to the right out of the picture. I have a 25 foot HDMI cable that runs behind everything for gaming on the TV. And also next to that there is a work bench for all my Building needs.

[​IMG]

Nice Huh??? This all is also a work in progress....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
    ebolamonkey3 and TheMailMan78 say thanks.
  9. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    My father does wood work also. I've had that idea for sometime but never bothered to ask him. Thank you for confirming it works! Now I can bug the old man for a stand. :laugh:

10. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    No problem bud :)

11. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    It looks even better with case lights off.

20mmrain says thanks.
  12. Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Bjorn_Of_Iceland

Thanks Received:
    Your dual 5850s was already good,.. whyd you change to dual 460? Anyways, nice beast of a rig thar :D

13. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    Yeah I am still playting with lighting. I want to do some other things.... I am considering going UZ accents and getting rid of the blue lighting. I don't know I am up to suggestions

Yeah my 5850's were nice. And it is not that I didn't upgrade when I went to the GTX 470's. They just ran too hot.... when I got rid of those I considered going back to the 5850's but I wanted to upgrade my Motherboad so that I could go Trifire in the future. I know that the 6000 series will be coming very soon... so this is my attempt to tri fire those when they arrive.

So I got the new MOB.... and the GTx 460's and saved some money. Now I can start saving up untill the new southern Islands arrives.... unless I get the Benchmark bug again... and then of course I will switch again :)

If I do I am thinkning about benching 3 5830's or 3 GTX 465's

IF NOT..... Like I said I will have a good abmount of time to save up

14. overclocking101

overclocking101

Thanks Received:
    dude jack that cpu up to 4.3ghz and wtach that setup fly through benches. that board will do 4.6ghz with an i5-750

15. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:

Really man that is good news.... I was wondering because.... I can tell you with my CPU at 4.0 and sometimes 4.25.... I am not seeing the temps get anywhere near how high I thought they would.

At 4.0 I think my Highest core temp is at 68c to 70c (Depending on room temp) And that is still way with in Intel's max spec. Like I said that is just one core.... the overall temp is around 66c.

That is good news though.... I want to get higher benches.... with these cards I have hit...P23000 and a gpu score of 26000 and CPU score of 17500.

So it's nice to hear from someone who has the experience with this board.

I will post some of my scores tonight to show them off :)

16. ebolamonkey3

ebolamonkey3 New Member

Thanks Received:
    How loud are those delta fans that you're using w/ the Hyper 212+? I have a Megahalems rev. B and I'm thinking about slapping a pair of Gentle Typhoon AP-15s on them.

17. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    Well I won't lie to yah... they are loud..... but I keep them turned down a little more then full blast when I am just daily computing. The only time they are on full blast is when I am benching and overclocking really high.

And even then they are not intolerable.

You hear a humm when at full blast but not as bad as some other fans you can buy out there. Plus at least these have an excuse.... 3600 RPM's and more will do that to wind :)