1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

K10N780SLIX3-WiFi onboard sound issue

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by neatfeatguy, Apr 18, 2010.

1. neatfeatguy

Thanks Received:
    I haven't bothered with onboard sound for some time, I've just always had a sound card. I never ended up installing the sound driver for my Realtek audio and just installed drivers for my sound card - everything worked out fine.

I've been having BSOD issues with overclocking, relating to hardware problems. I've done a bit of digging and some people have said that removing their sound card from a PCI-E slot resolved the BSOD problems and I wanted to give it try in my case.

So I downloaded the Realtek drivers for my motherboard off of ASRock website for Vista 64. I then installed them and the computer restarted. I went into Device Manager and checked under the Sound, video and controllers part, but the only thing listed there was my SoundBlaster card.

I've tried disabling and uninstalling the SB drivers. I've even uninstalled the Realtek driver and re-installed them, but I cannot find any onboard sound device to show up in the Device Manager.

Am I missing something? It's been so long since I bothered with onboard audio, I'm just wondering if I've overlooked something simple. Anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  2. jagd

Thanks Received:
    Did you remove creative card from system?IF not
    Is your on-board sound enabled or disabled at bios?Enable it ,if it is at auto or disabled
    neatfeatguy says thanks.
  3. neatfeatguy

Thanks Received:
    It was set to AUTO in the BIOS. I knew I was forgetting something simple. Thanks.