1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

K6/2 Overclock

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by C&C Freak 2K, May 23, 2005.

1. C&C Freak 2K New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi.

I recently acquired a K6/2 400MHz system, complete with VIA VA-503+ motherboard, GeForce2 MX200 in AGP, 74GB HD (the BIOS got patched as of last night to read > 32GB drives), and just recently a Realtek 10/100 PCI NIC. My question is, how would I go about overlocking one of these? I have a heatsink installed and I have a case fan cooling the CPU.
  2. DanTheBanjoman SeƱor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Most likely using the jumpers on the motherboard, select FSB/multiplier. I doubt you have many options on it though.
    I guess you don't have the manual of the board, try getting it on google or at least it's jumper settings.
  3. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    Something ive experienced with older systems that you might want to know is.. When you OC too far the computer will just stop turning on sometimes. You have to put the jumpers back to the default positions even after a cmos clearing.
  4. Nergal New Member

Thanks Received:
    a k6/2:D

I got one somewhere here, a 550 even! Perhaps I can turn it into a DMZ or so.
    What the hell are you going to do with it that you want to OC it???
  5. C&C Freak 2K New Member

Thanks Received:
    I want to overclock it because Windows XP (which has been replaced with Windows Server 2003) doesn't exactly run fast as lightning.