1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Kickstarter: HARDCORE Tactical Shooter by Ghost Recon designer

Discussion in 'Games' started by BumbleBee, Mar 15, 2012.

1. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...rdcore-tactical-shooter?ref=recently_launched

source
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
    AsRock, INSTG8R and MT Alex say thanks.
  2. INSTG8R

INSTG8R

Thanks Received:
    Now THAT'S what I'm talking bout!
    BumbleBee says thanks.
  3. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    yeah :)
  4. D4S4

D4S4

Thanks Received:
    interesting.
  5. HossHuge

HossHuge

Thanks Received:
    I liked everything he had to say right up until he used his kid for a sales ploy. That was unnecessary and stupid.
  6. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    it was cute. Brian Fargo had a kid in his video too.
  7. HossHuge

HossHuge

Thanks Received:
    Sorry, but using your kid to help sell your idea is not cute. It's cheap.

I'm guessing you don't have kids.
  8. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
  9. HossHuge

HossHuge

Thanks Received:
    Ya, I'm sure people just can't wait to buy this because of what his kid said......:shadedshu
  10. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    well it's true he made kick ass games :cool:
    AsRock says thanks.
  11. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Because of what? The fact is, such games were never popular because they target very specific user group. And publishers these days don't make anything that won't sell in millions of copies. Which is a problem by itself because that makes a flood of generic all of the same games we are seeing for the last 10 years now. So CoD and BF were a success, but you don't have to make every damn game a copy of that just because that was selling. And it's a shame that developers and publishers are just big fat money grinding machine without any soul.
    That's why we had loads of innovative and fresh games back in the 90's era when developers were actually developing for gamers and publishers supported that. Today it has nothing to do with giving players great experience, it's just about what makes more money. Nothing wrong with that but you may also think that there is a userbase that wants realistic and deep experience where experience actually counts and not like anyone with 5 seconds of time can be a killing machine Rambo. Thankfully indie companies give us some of that deep experience. And that's a main reason why i largely buy indie games in the last 5 years. Coz i appreciate the great experience and i want to support them and show the world graphics aren't the only factor in games.
  12. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Didn't hear you! : )

In other words he says Counterstrike, CoD, BF, MoH, etc are buckets full of slimey shit. And he's right. lol

Edit: added Counterstrike for the sake of encyclopedic purpose, although I never could stand that piece of shit more that 1 minute and I almost forgot it.
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  13. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Isnt this what Delta Force, Operation 7, Combat Arms, Crossfire already do? and 3 of those games are free to play
  14. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    Christian wants to make a tactical shooter.. these games are more about the planning and execution.
  15. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    It's basically CS:S without all the CS:S nonsense. Or shall i say, Rainbow 6 from its olden days...
  16. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:
    I hope he succeed, i love the old Rainbow six games.
  17. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Golden rule for a tactical game is just: a real world soldier moves CAREFULLY, not running confident that he masters his MOUSE like no one else. Basicly all arcade shooter games are that since god-damn-Quake-MP and god-damn-CS.
  18. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    [yt]Y-pYW_Et9bA[/yt]
  19. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Did this start some years ago ? ( i will have to ask a friend if it is the same one ). Or maybe it's another one but good to know some things in the works. The OFP\Arma community will love this.

If it was my kid she be in a M1

EDIT:
    No as those games suck ass.
  20. BumbleBee

BumbleBee

Thanks Received:
    I don't think so.
  21. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    More than happy if not :p :) ( will have to wait see if he remembers as it was some time ago ).. Worlds slowly waking up wanting some real games in their life.
  22. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
  23. Flogger23m

Thanks Received:
    Some more updates, new video, and artwork:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/355932838/crowdsourced-hardcore-tactical-shooter

The source crowded aspect is already working, as the music in the video was donated by a fan of the project if I am not mistaken.

If you miss tactical shooters (Raven Shield, SWAT 4, not stuff like Rainbow 6 Vegas, GRAW and BF3) and are looking for a new one that is PC based and is going to allow modding, this is probably your only chance for such a game.

BFS did not can GB. It is an entirely different game and they may do a Kickstarter later in the future.

No, these are arcade games. The ArmA series is really the only other tactical shooter/simulator to be released in recent years, though the series has its flaws. Individual squad micro management is rather difficult and lacking unlike SWAT 4 and Raven Shield. There are also not many commands to give the individual solders.

The last game similar to this project was SWAT 4 which was released in 2005. So there are not many choices at all, unless you want to play Raven Shield (2003) and SWAT 4 (2005).

Keep in mind games like Rainbow 6 Vegas, GRAW, and Gears of War are not tactical shooters. They might claim to be, but they are not.

If you are confused with the gameplay style this game is trying to achieve, look up youtube videos of SWAT 4 and Rainbow 6 Raven Shield. Raven Shield is based around making detailed waypoints and plans, and then you execute the mission. You either play in the first person taking command of up to 9 team members, giving orders on the go, or you can play as the "over seer" in which you control none of the team members and instead issue orders only. Timing and team work are essential to winning.

Looking at some of these gameplay videos I am sure you'll see this project aims to be different from your typical mainstream military FPS. Like Wasteland 2 might appear to be yet another RPG, but if you look at the gameplay of the original games, you will see it is actually quite different from your average modern day RPG. Same thing with this project.

I hope I cleared up some of your perceptions.
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012