1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

kid drops out to become guitar hero

Discussion in 'General Nonsense' started by das müffin mann, Aug 19, 2008.

1. das müffin mann

das müffin mann New Member

Thanks Received:
  2. blkhogan

blkhogan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thats a very promising future right there :slap:

3. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Dropout Hero: Go Forth and SUCK!!

Cybrnook2002 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. NeotonicDragon3

Thanks Received:
    What a Looser...lol
    I can't believe his parents let him do that. What a lazy bastard xD
    Learn how to play the Real thing, and then become famous XD

5. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    Guess you guys didnt read this.
    Having your diploma isnt all p00nage anymore. My buddy with a GED got a job faster than i did and i had a diploma. I know alot of people (one hot chick in particular) who makes good money doing this kinda stuff. All the chick does really is play Guitar Hero/Rock band, gets flown across the US and its paid for, and she has alot of fun with it. I guess w/e floats your boat. School isnt for everybody you know *cough Bill Gates college dropout*

6. das müffin mann

Thanks Received:
    yes but how many other drop outs do you see with billions of dollars and has had a profound impact on the tech industry?

well its true school isn't for everyone, and even though he is going for his GED, pursuing guitar hero as a profession is just retard, if only he would learn to play a real guitar, i suppose he could be a tester but most companies dump them after the game is ready to ship, its possible to make a career out of it(not very likely, or not a good one), but guitar hero alone will not support him, and it is just a fad and will be replaced by something else

7. MadCow New Member

Thanks Received:
    That's the thing though, you never hear of people who drop out and fail in life because nobody cares about them. People that drop out and actually succeed are a minority, but they're the only ones you hear about so it seems like it's a common thing.

8. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    As any pro* gamer you move on with the clique. Im pretty sure he knows Guitar Hero wont be teh sh1t forever.

*By pro i mean a gamer who makes money by gaming. Not pro as in ub3r 1337 pwnerer.

The chances of failing or suceeding dosent depend on whether you graduate school or not. Its what you have your mind set on, and if you strive to reach the goals you set.

9. tkpenalty New Member

Thanks Received:
    ...at least play a real guitar.

Jesus christ i hate guitar hero.... its retarded. Unless of course they make guitar hero have 144 buttons (24 fret guitar), as well as six strumming switches.

10. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    Id hate to try and sweep on that gitbox :/

11. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    i dunno where ur pulling this from, you cant even get in the military if u dont have at aleast a GED. Even then you don't make as someone who enlists with a real high school diploma not the good enough degree. A GED is a joke, anyone who cant make it through the joke of an education system we have should be content with serving us food at mcdonalds cause thats all their lazy asses will end up doing 90% of the time.

12. das müffin mann

Thanks Received:
    dude these days it depends heavily on schooling, back when are parents were around (im 18, parents are almost 50) when they were young they could get by with out much schooling, but if you don't even get a GED you wont be working at any place that doesn't ask you if you want fries, the job market is very competitive these days, especially with the recession, and business are requiring higher and higher education levels for jobs

also how many pro gamers do you know of besides Mr. Wendel? (don't use google to look up names) being a pro gamer is not a stable career, even if you do move on with the game of choice at that period in time, there are VERY few people that can support them selves just by playing games

the only way hes going to make REAL money that can support him is if he can play dragon force on expert with his slong, and only his slong

13. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    Actualy its very opposite these days. If an illegal Mexican can come over here without a license, SS card, legal US documents, and make 18 bucks an hour and live happily with all 20 of his relatives in his house then why cant i, the one with the good grades in school, high school diploma, make more than 15 dollars an hour without a college degree? Im surrounded by Mexicans and high school dropouts who all basicaly make more money than me.

But, that thing i have that says diploma is nothing but paper. In this day in age its not what you know, its who you know. The only thing that public school teaches you is social skills and where your place is in this world. Perfect example is my best friend. Im only 7 days older than him and he dropped out the beginning of our SR year. Hes making close to 20 bucks an hour working with guns becuase he knew somebody that knew somebody and hes working a decent job at a gun range doing what he loves besides guitar and PC games. Where as i drive a big ass truck for TXI (a cement plant here in Texas) making 15 bucks an hour, 10 hours a day, and work my ass off. Reason being is because in the Pro Audio area i was slammed into a wall when my dad threw in the towel and retired. All his contacts i worked with now wont have anything to do with me because im not "Mark Allan". I get the "Your who? Oh well get your dad on the phone then we'll talk". So i cant exactly do that anymore. I was lucky TXI had layed off a bunch of people and so it was easy for me to get in. Oh, and my best friends dad is a big shot with a company thats contracted with TXI. A good case of who you knows right there. I can go on about it but im sure you get the picture.

Point is, a GED is just as good as a diploma these days.

Not everyone that drops out and gets their GED is the stereotypical lazy person/pothead who just couldnt "handle school anymore, its for losers". You can also go to college with a GED and be as succesful as anyone else if you know how to do it.

14. lemonadesoda

lemonadesoda

Thanks Received:
    Careful on that quote (or at least so that other peeps dont misunderstood how you meant it). Gates never was a "drop out". He and some colleagues had a HUGE business opportunity which they decided to pursue there and then rather than put it off. A drop out, e.g. someone who is failing or cant be bothered or is lazy and moves on to nothing other than social security or into an unliked job, is something entirely different.

15. PP Mguire

PP Mguire New Member

Thanks Received:
    A dropout is somebody who drops out of school. The rest are stereotypical things that only be determined by the personality and reason of dropping out. Not all dropouts are the same like you just explained, which i explained further.

16. das müffin mann

Thanks Received:
    that is the traditional definition of a dropout

btw PP
    you can't compare illegal Mexican immigrants to dropouts it just doesn't work
    and i will shoot holes in your reasoning later today because im tired and im going to bed

also where do you work where dropouts make more than you, and are you still in high school yourself?

btw $15 isn't alot to try and support a family on, thats only 28,000 a year and these days that gets you shit

the point im trying to make is that almost ALL well paying jobs (going by 38,000 a year or more) require some sort of college education to even be considered for the job. im not arguing the value of a GED, im saying that dropping out of school to play guitar hero professionally is just out right retarded, and that i can guarantee you well not get him far in life even with a GED, unless as i've stated he can learn to play it with his willy

17. KieranD

KieranD

Thanks Received:
    you should get productive jobs not just fucking guitar hero or play real guitar, sure its good to have some people doing these types of work but its strange plus if everyone wanted to be a sports player or guitar hero player or pro gamer or these jobs that dont really do much not much would get done in reality

wonder how children would look up to him thats a lazy persons dream doing guitar hero for a living

nah man its for recreation not for a living

dont talk to me about mexican immigrants as far as i know they are willing to work and do shitty jobs and arnt lazy, in the UK at least Easter European immigrants dont steal all the jobs they do all the jobs no one else will and then people who dont actually work moan about them

Drop out? Bill Gates did high school then left college for a business opportunity, sometimes experience is better

US college is different to UK college, US college is like mini university

18. snuif09

snuif09 New Member

Thanks Received:
    thats also what i always said if those people who play guitar hero spended that time on a real guitar they probably would have been awesome shredders, instead of playing dragonforce on 100%(although they cant even play live)

Ongaku says thanks.
  19. candle_86 New Member

Thanks Received:
    see now i take offense at that, i had to leave school in the middle of my senior year, I got thrown out of my house, and had to get a job. Drop outs arn't all lazy, I know some that had to do it because they got pregnant or there gf got pregnant. I know others that got kicked out, you shoundn't assume without knowing anything. Also a GED gets you along just fine in the world. It lets you go to collage, join the military (90% of the jobs are open to GED enlistment). The guy that runs the comp store i visit dropped out his Jr. Year to help his family out finacally, when he was 19 joined the Army, fought in Vietnam, left in the 80's and opened his computer store. He doesnt even have a GED yet he owns his own store fixing computers, and is decorated by the Army. Do not assume anything, because it only makes you look stupid burger boy

20. Ongaku New Member

Thanks Received:
    thank you...I hate Guitar Hero...have some friends going off saying how they can play Stairway to Heaven or some song on 100%...and I tell them "Well can you play that on a real guitar? I can...."

21. russianboy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'd love to hear a follow up story on this, perhaps ten years later.

I find it ironic that some people obsessed with Guitar Hero, buying all the games and all, dropped enough money into that game to buy a real guitar. Perhaps not a real good guitar, but a Squier strat just to get started on. This is just a game, you can't get the same rush you get from going on stage, or jamming with some guys and having the sound "click".

22. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    [​IMG]

23. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
  24. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    that article reminds me of s certain episode of SouthPark last season . . . :shadedshu

25. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Hahaha I hope people ridicule him so much he jumps off a fake bridge.. I mean FFS :nutkick: hes labeling himself a looser right there.. If he loves the guitar so much learn to play the real fucking thing and be in a REAL band.