1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by douglatins, Feb 7, 2012.

1. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    I've already beat it once and I'm playing through again. The greatest flaw in the game, in my opinion, is the inability to interrupt the attack command. When fighting with any type of melee weapon, you can't instantly dodge or put your shield up. You have to wait until the current attack command finishes before either buttons will work. It really makes the game needlessly frustrating. I hope they fix it but I doubt they will.

DannibusX says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    I doubt they will now either...

3. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    No hope for a sequel then at least. :laugh:

4. DannibusX

DannibusX

Thanks Received:
    With every employee laid off at the studio I don't think anything will be fixed, lol.

5. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    yeah this is some bad news bears - i didn't think the game was so bad but they say it was a failure so... i think they needed it to do TOO well.

i read that they did a home selling thing for employees that moved to Rhode Island, and never sold some of the homes. after missing a months pay AND losing insurance AND being fired, employees found out that they still have house payments back where they came from. crappy way to treat employees, really.

remixedcat says thanks.
  6. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Exactly, they forgot they weren't the only fighter in that match. The RPG/action/fantasy genre is oversaturated and has been oversaturated for almost two decades. Just to make a wimper in it, you gotta do something extraordinary and that odds of that happening...you're more likely to get struck by lightning.

Curt Schilling played with fire and got burned. A shame he took so many good people down with him.

Edit: Wait a minute, I see a silver lining!

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/16/rhode-island-owns-38-studios-intellectual-property/

38 studios still owes $50 million dollars to Rhode Island and if they can't pay it (which is safe to assume), the state of Rhode Island will own the Amalur intellectual property. Rhode Island isn't going to want to sit on that, they're going to want to sell it to reduce their losses. Activision has WoW. ZeniMax has The Elder Srolls. Square Enix, Ubisoft, and Electronic Arts don't have themselves a product that competes with those properties so I could see any of them buying up the property. Amalur has already proven it can make money--as long as the production costs are reasonable.

I think Amalur isn't dead. There's too much money on the table to let it die.

Last edited: May 26, 2012
    digibucc and remixedcat say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    I wanted to get this game but something was preventing me from it... I think I know why...

The story about the company frustrates me. That is pretty damn low of them to do that and risk so much and put their employees through that kinda hell. The baseball dude should pay up and help them... he was the one that got them in that mess so he should clean it up.

digibucc says thanks.
  8. FordGT90Concept

Thanks Received:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  9. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    .... ok?

I played this game for a bit a couple of months ago, dropped it pretty quick. It's not bad, but I just couldn't be bothered to play it again. It was nice the first time around, but now I now everything.