1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Kingston Launches HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Apr 28, 2014.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    HyperX, a division of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the release of the HyperX Cloud gaming headset. HyperX Cloud features extremely comfortable ear cushions and larger audio drivers to give gamers ultimate comfort and superior sound during long game play sessions.

HyperX Cloud uses memory foam ear cushions and a soft, leather-padded headband with custom stitching for enhanced comfort and style. The over-the-ear, closed-cup design helps block out ambient noise for a more immersive game experience. Interchangeable velour ear cushions allow gamers to hear their surroundings while also delivering dialogue and every explosion and gunfire in clear, high-fidelity audio from the large 53mm drivers. HyperX Cloud also features a detachable microphone and is made of aluminum for durability.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

"HyperX worked with Swedish manufacturer QPAD to create a headset that delivers comfort and superb sound for long game play. This is a winning combination as QPAD is known for high-quality gaming peripherals throughout Europe," said Lawrence Yang, business manager, HyperX. "We think the hours will pass by without notice as gamers wear the HyperX Cloud headset."

HyperX Cloud is compatible with PC and PS4 as well as smartphones and tablets. It is the official headset of Intel Extreme Masters, Alliance Gaming, CNB e-Sports Club, SK-Gaming and Team Liquid. HyperX Cloud is backed by a two-year warranty and legendary HyperX reliability.

MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  2. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Was actually looking at the QPAD to replace my razer headset but not very easy to find it in the US. So hopefully this is widely available.

EDIT: Found on Newegg. Can I expect TPU to do a review?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  3. Nokiron

Nokiron

Thanks Received:
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/QPAD/QH-90/ They are identical.

MxPhenom 216 says thanks.
  4. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    ah okay, since they said they did some changes like the 53mm drivers, I thought that was advances over the QH-90, seems like they are identical, just Hyper X branding.

Still cool way of bring this particular headset to US markets. Gonna pick one up soon when I head back to school for the summer. Need something to game with. Still need to send my Razer headset in for RMA too.

5. jraz7 New Member

Thanks Received:
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/QPAD/QH-90/2.html

Qpad QH-85 and QH-90 seems to be the headset version of Takstar Hi-2050 and Pro 80 respectively. It's available around 45-70usd online. The reviews over at head-fi had been good to rave on these headphones.

6. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    How is this a cloud???

7. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    I think it refers to the memory foam ear things. Like having cloud on your head. Comfort. Idk, i thought it was wierd naming too.

8. remixedcat

remixedcat

Thanks Received:
    Cloud is normally...uh.. Internet connected stuff..so..yah.. Lol

9. Nokiron

Nokiron

Thanks Received:
    Do that! I have both Qpad's QH-90 and QH-85, they are incredibly comfortable. It rivals Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic in terms of comfort.

10. Prima.Vera

Prima.Vera

Thanks Received:
    Can they make a dildo HyperX??

11. MxPhenom 216

Thanks Received:
    I did, am glad I did. Listening to some music on Pandora with them right now. They are awesome! Best headphones I have ever owned (Though I havent heard much from other options, but for gaming headsets these are probably the best). I am using them with my laptop with a mediocre sound chip too. Can't wait to try them on my main rig when I am on it again. These things are so comfortable and I havent even switched to the other ear things.