1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Kingston Ram Incompatible with Gigaram?

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by NamesDontMatter, Aug 12, 2006.

1. NamesDontMatter

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys I'm having a problem here. I bought some new kingston ram to add to my system, and its incompatible. I purchases the HyperX 2 x 256mb kit to add to my Gigaram 2 x 512mb kit. All 4 of my ram slots are fully functional. I have booted with both the HyperX and Gigaram individually, but when I try to boot with both windows locks up right when the last loading pass on the windows loading screen comes up. I do not think its a matter of overclocking because I underclocked my processor 1 ghz to see if that was the case and I still had the issue, I also set the ram timings super high to 3-4-4-7. And I STILL had the problem. My voltage for RAM is at 2.8v. By the way this is ddr not ddr2. Do you guys think its just a ram compatibility issue or?

2. stealthfighter

stealthfighter New Member

Thanks Received:
    I say RMA the ram and buy more gigaram :D
    Try to keep one ram brand in there. Just like if you had one of those motherboards with 4 processor support... Don't mix processors, and don't mix videocards. imo.

3. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    deffinately incompatibility.