• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Koolance Cooler Part for Laing D5

Bractastic

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone had the Koolance COV-PMP02P pump cover for the Laing D5 Vario pump.

I am thinking about getting that cover for my pump, and I was looking at the design. It looks like it had for different inlet/outlet holes in the actual block.

The question is, since it has dual ports for the inlet/outlet, is it possible to run both of those ports at the same time, vice running single? I should be able to, right?

Pretty much pump water from one pump to two locations, instead of using a splitter. If anyone has this pump cover, please post, or anyone that knows about it. I need to know, because I really like this cover, and I want it to match the VGA coolers I got (8800GTS g92's).

Thanks in advance.:toast:

philbrown23

System Name Dominator
Processor INTEL C2Q Q6600 FTW!!
Motherboard ASUS P5Q-E!!!
Cooling TEC cooled cpu, everything else is under water :D
Memory 4GB CELL SHOCK D9GMH 1066MHZ/4GB CRUCIAL REDS
Video Card(s) 4850 (VT)/ 4850 IN CROSSFIRE!
Storage western digital= 1X 250GB, 1X 500GB, IDE 160GB (BOOT DRIVE ONLY). SEAGATE FREE AGENT 500GB EHDD
Display(s) viewsonic 19" hd widescreen
Case ROCKETFISH FOR NOW :(
Audio Device(s) ONBOARD WORKS JUST FINE FOR ME :p
Power Supply ULTRA X3 1KW MODULAR
Software win vista ultimate 64 TWEAKED!!!
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=434759 3dm06: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm0
can you post links?

intel igent

System Name old school / new school
Processor 3.0e C0 @ 3.6 / e5200
Motherboard p4p800e-dlx / p5q-DLX
Cooling custom water see sig / air
Memory 2x1g oczPC4000EbPl / 2x2g ocz2rpr1066
Video Card(s) 3850AGP / 4890vaporX
Storage 36g raptor+120g wd / wd 1001fals 1tb
Display(s) BenQ / sharpAQUOS LC-37D64U
Case modded antec plusview / generic
Audio Device(s) audigy 2zs / ASUS Xonar HDAV1.3
Power Supply fan/cable modded powerstream 520 / OCZ 700mxsp
Software Xp pro SP2 / VISTA ultimate OEM

Bractastic

Ok

So, there is a benefit to it, since I plan on using this pump to cool two 8800gts (g92's) and the processor (e3400 wolfdale). Is that going to be beneficial if i do that? Splitting the pump in half? Or should I just run dual pumps?

System Name n.audBl
Processor E8500 @ 3.80GHz
Motherboard ASUS Striker Extreme
Cooling Full liquid (everything except power supply)
Memory 4Gb OCZ DDR2 PC9600
Video Card(s) Dual EVGA GTX 280 SSC Edition
Storage Dual WD Raptor in RAID 0 (300Gb), Dual WD 1Tb Cavair in RAID 1
Display(s) Dell 2407 24" HD+ Widescreen
Case Theraltake Tai-Chi
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Fata1ty (bleh!)
Power Supply Ultra X3 1000W
Software Win 7 64bit
Sorry for the late response. The simple answer to your question is 'yes'... it will work. I have 3 of the COV-PMP01P version and can tell you that the corresponding in/out ports are connected. So, as Intelligent said, you will be splitting the output volume in half. The D5 Vairo is a pretty hefty pump so splitting the volume shouldn't be a problem so long as the resistance of both loops is fairly equal. Keep in mind that liquid prefers the path of least resistance so if one of your loops is more restrictive than the other, the less restrictive loop will recieve more coolant flow. There are restriction clips on the market to help counter this issue if you run into it, but causing more restriction is not the most desireable solution.

Bractastic

Sorry for the late response. The simple answer to your question is 'yes'... it will work. I have 3 of the COV-PMP01P version and can tell you that the corresponding in/out ports are connected. So, as Intelligent said, you will be splitting the output volume in half. The D5 Vairo is a pretty hefty pump so splitting the volume shouldn't be a problem so long as the resistance of both loops is fairly equal. Keep in mind that liquid prefers the path of least resistance so if one of your loops is more restrictive than the other, the less restrictive loop will recieve more coolant flow. There are restriction clips on the market to help counter this issue if you run into it, but causing more restriction is not the most desireable solution.

I have gotten closer to this build, and I am planning on running a three Rad setup with the PMP-450 Top on a MCP-655.

There are a few loops I have posted in other threads, but no definite answer on what restrictions/advantages it can have on the loop.