1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Koolance VID-AT1-V06 for X850XTPE ROCKS!!!

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by DJR68, Jan 4, 2006.

1. DJR68 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello all,

I'd like to share my experience with the Koolance VID-AT1-V06 liquid cooler. I have a ThermalTake BigWater system, I added the Koolance video cooler and the GPU-180-V06 chipset cooler to my rig over the past couple of days and I had to share the results with you all. Using an Ati X850XTPE AGP card, and AS 5.

Using ATITool, my GPU temps went from around 75 degrees C with the stock cooler (fan speeds adjusted with the tool) during the 3D test, to around 48 degrees C with the Koolance cooler on it. I ran the tests for 10 minutes, then 5 off, then 15 minutes, then 5 off, then 20 minutes. Hey, in my opinion, 27 degrees C is a big difference.

Installation of the cooler was pretty straight-forward, though I did have to modify the cooler a little so it would fit properly (for $110 you'd think it would fit right). Installed in a Tt Xaser III case, which has plenty of room, though a smaller case might have a problem fitting this cooler in it.

Water flow is like this: Pump-> chipset-> GPU-> CPU-> Temp probe-> Radiator->

I used a nibbler and cut the blowhole on the top of the case to accomodate the radiator, with the coolant lines going straight through the case. It's pretty clean looking, and a lot better than when I had the radiator on the back of the case, with the coolant lines exposed.

All in all, I couldn't be more pleased with the results. I had problems with a different WB on this card, no problems with this one... it even cools the memory and there's a cool-pak which covers a good portion of the top of the card, including the memory there.

http://www.koolance.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=29_46&products_id=175

:toast:
  2. Dillinger

Dillinger

Thanks Received:
    Do you have to have a complete water cooling system in oder to use this cooler? (ie) does it have to be connected to the water cooling system?
  3. DJR68 New Member

Thanks Received:

Yes, you do. I went with the Thermaltake system because of the price, and it performs quite well, CPU temps dropped at least 30 degrees F using it.
  4. Dillinger

Dillinger

Thanks Received:
  5. NavyDood New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am using an orig Koolance Exos with a Zalman ZM-WB2 for the CPU and a Koolance CHC-A09for my GPU. GPU gets cooled after it comes out of the CPU. On my Connect3D X800GTO clocked to 580/560, I have yet to see the GPU go over 40° Loaded.
  6. DJR68 New Member

Thanks Received: